DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

just did the update on my mini 2 and...

New England Droning

Reactions
ok I did the update on Monday of this week (not sure which update as to view updates the controller needs to contact the UAS) and had to download it a couple of times because it got interrupted. I went flying on Wednesday (a short one 10 min no problems) and today there were some incredible (I mean freaking incredible thunderheads building) but no rain so during a break from work I connected everything and...

Nothing... The phone connected to the controller with no issue and the mini 2 turned on and did its preflight gimbal check and it won't talk to the controller?
I've tried on and off many times (and the clouds are not flyable now) :-(
I restarted my phone (Samsung S20) and tried starting the controller first and then the UAS and the UAS and the controller...

I turned everything off and an hour later turned on the controller, connected the phone, and turned on the UAS and it all connects, (Mod Removed)

So I miss out on phenomenal clouds (cumulus nimbus or Tower clouds) and now that I have stratus clouds and bluish sky, it decides NOW is the safe time to fly... Thanks I just wanted to rant...

I sure hope this is not a new evil plot by DJI to make sure we don't go up when big clouds are building!!! :) although UAS forecast still said fine to fly I could see that it would change in 10-15 minutes IF... I could have gotten off the ground!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: evtide
I sure hope this is not a new evil plot by DJI to make sure we don't go up when big clouds are building!!!
Really don’t think that was your issue.

Reactions: New England Droning
ok I did the update on Monday of this week (not sure which update as to view updates the controller needs to contact the UAS) and had to download it a couple of times because it got interrupted. I went flying on Wednesday (a short one 10 min no problems) and today there were some incredible (I mean freaking incredible thunderheads building) but no rain so during a break from work I connected everything and...

Nothing... The phone connected to the controller with no issue and the mini 2 turned on and did its preflight gimbal check and it won't talk to the controller?
I've tried on and off many times (and the clouds are not flyable now) :-(
I restarted my phone (Samsung S20) and tried starting the controller first and then the UAS and the UAS and the controller...

I turned everything off and an hour later turned on the controller, connected the phone, and turned on the UAS and it all connects, (Mod Removed)

So I miss out on phenomenal clouds (cumulus nimbus or Tower clouds) and now that I have stratus clouds and bluish sky, it decides NOW is the safe time to fly... Thanks I just wanted to rant...

I sure hope this is not a new evil plot by DJI to make sure we don't go up when big clouds are building!!! :) although UAS forecast still said fine to fly I could see that it would change in 10-15 minutes IF... I could have gotten off the ground!
You're in Salem, it's witchery!! Witchery I tell you!!

Here's one for you from last night in Western NC as a storm moved in. Got up wanting to see the "orange glow" from all the wildfire smoke that has been in our area and saw this massive cloud off in the distance. As I flew, the sun started creating the different light rays which was very cool.

Sadly, not much glow as in previous sunsets

Attachments

• DJI_0219.JPG
    DJI_0219.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: New England Droning
Here's one for you from last night in Western NC as a storm moved in. Got up wanting to see the "orange glow" from all the wildfire smoke that has been in our area and saw this massive cloud off in the distance. As I flew, the sun started creating the different light rays which was very cool.

Sadly, not much glow as in previous sunsets
this is mine from last Sunday evening in Vermont

Attachments

• 20210718-DJI_0026.jpg
    20210718-DJI_0026.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: tlswift58

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members