DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just discovered....

Is that what that's for? ;-)
That’s been an option for as long as I can remember in the Go app and is in the Fly as well.To be honest I have not
looked in a manual since the MP came out but I really don’t
need to as much as I am in here .It’s all been posted about
and more than in the manual members have figured out.
I was just poking at ya cause I saw a opening.?

Reactions: pelagic_one
The Mavic Mini camera has a fixed focus lens. It's always in focus. The f stop can change the depth of field.

...that if you tap on the phone/tablet screen while in picture taking mode, the focus changes to wherever you tap.

LOL

Pretty neat! Wish I'd remembered that in my 30 or so other flights! :)

I think I actually read that somewhere, at some point, but had forgotten.

Doug
It isn't changing the focus; it's called spot metering, i.e. the exposure will be optimized for the area around the spot you touch rather than for the whole frame.

Where reading the manual comes in handy.?
Actually, for some reason, it's not mentioned in the Mini manual. Users familiar with other DJI drones discovered it in the Mini.

Vindicated!!!!

That *does* make more sense, that it's the spot metering. It wasn't so much focus that was changing, but the light/exposure. It did allow for a lot more creativity, regardless!

The Mavic Mini camera has a fixed focus lens. It's always in focus. The f stop can change the depth of field.

Yes, it's a fixed focal length lens, not a zoom... also a wide-angle which naturally has a deeper depth of focus. And aperture does affect depth of focus (aka depth of field).

Reactions: Herbie
Did you also know that long press on the phone screen allows you to tilt the gimble up and down?
So cool [emoji869]

Reactions: Capt KO
...that if you tap on the phone/tablet screen while in picture taking mode, the focus changes to wherever you tap.

LOL

Pretty neat! Wish I'd remembered that in my 30 or so other flights! :)

I think I actually read that somewhere, at some point, but had forgotten.

Doug
It's not the focus changing but the exposure. The iPhone does that all the time, not just for drone photography... :cool:

It isn't changing the focus; it's called spot metering, i.e. the exposure will be optimized for the area around the spot you touch rather than for the whole frame.

Actually, for some reason, it's not mentioned in the Mini manual. Users familiar with other DJI drones discovered it in the Mini.
If you have locked the exposure before taking the photo, will this spot metering take place. It seems like maybe not.

Reading manuals...

I used to call a friend when ever I had a question. He would look in the manual and call me back. Saved me the effort for reading myself. One day, he asked if I had looked in the manual. I denied, telling him, that it was easier to call him...

It was the last time he looked in the manuals for me :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman