DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just flying around trees.

Pstik

Reactions
I was at my grandsons party at the park and I was flying my mavic 2 pro around the trees just practicing my flying. My battery warning came on. No worry I am 20 to 30 ft out. Cancel that. Well them the I got to go home battery really low warning came on and the drone took off and up to reach the 120 ft RTH settings. Right up it flew into the pine branches and the got stuck and fell down. Broke my gimbal, camera cable and yaw motor cable. I have parts on order. Yaw motor from China arriving late May. I just bought a complete zoom camera to be able to fly. I found a great YouTube video on replacing the camera cable.20210410_162917.jpg20210410_154614.jpg20210411_005416.jpg

Yes, that's actually the first thing you do when flying in a forest -> you change RTH to Hover/Land.

Unilike pilots onbord aircrafts, we get to learn from mistakes like this.

Reactions: A.O. and BossBob
I like flying in the woods myself, and yes.. change the RTH to hover! In this video I forgot to do so and at the 1:30 mark you can see it went into RTH (with an elevation of 149 ft) It started heading up into the canopy as I frantically fought for control.. finally regained control and hightailed it out of the woods..

I like flying in the woods myself, and yes.. change the RTH to hover! In this video I forgot to do so and at the 1:30 mark you can see it went into RTH (with an elevation of 149 ft) It started heading up into the canopy as I frantically fought for control.. finally regained control and hightailed it out of the woods..

Awesome video

Reactions: RMS001
Awesome video
Thanks, My kind of playing.. Some fly over the woods, but I like to fly through them.. and over also sometimes.

I think you can go to some of my other videos as well by clicking on it, ... Not real sure, I'm pretty much an amateur with all this stuff.

I saw the RTH. Good thing you were able to get it under control. How you liking FPV drone. It was pretty cool you fly down the path with ease. I would have great trouble doing that with mavic pro 2.

I saw the RTH. Good thing you were able to get it under control. How you liking FPV drone. It was pretty cool you fly down the path with ease. I would have great trouble doing that with mavic pro 2.
I'm liking the FPV a lot, still getting used to it and the way it flies.. Pretty close to the Mavics but a little different. But way faster in sport mode. And I used to do the path flights with my Mavic Air 2 , just got to go a little slower, I'm sure you could do it with your Pro 2. Just watch out for branches!!! :oops:

Reactions: Pstik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest