DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got call from the FAA about my name.

• Thread starter Deleted member 114292
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that one of the authorization DB is the culprit and that's where it's getting kicked out and not the front facing portal. It's sloppy coding to say the least.

With the amount of people flying right now instead of working I can assure you the offices are swamped. I'd say many of them would appreciate some downtime to experience boredom right now.

The last thing any of them "want" to be doing is taking time to call around to help expedite the authorization process. It would be MUCH easier to just REJECT and let you figure out the problem and resubmit.
She said exactly that - we are swamped.
You never know when you might need a favor from you local FAA. More than once they have adjusted my auth for me and then approved it rather than just rejecting it.
They probably keep private notes about the a. holes that flame them and those that work with them.

• Haha
Reactions: BigAl07
I agree with working closely with the FAA. They are humans after all. And I have found that when you interface with your local FAA office, given their workload, that respectful conversations carry more weight -and- the chance of a positive outcome for your requests or questions increases.

I agree with working closely with the FAA. They are humans after all. And I have found that when you interface with your local FAA office, given their workload, that respectful conversations carry more weight -and- the chance of a positive outcome for your requests or questions increases.

Just had a wonderful experience applying for a waiver that turned out to be wholly unnecessary - there's an overlapping area in the airspace as marked on a *local* map, but the FAA doesn't recognize that space as anything but G.

Because the city wants to claim their uncontrolled "air park" as "controlled airspace."

So, I can fly there anyway. At least until they ban takeoff/landing in the park, which they haven't. Yet.

Kudos to the FAA, ATO Western Service Area (WSA) Service Center.

When dealing with the FAA, be very careful how your name is spelled. When I was filing for my 107 license, the gal typing in my information added a space at the end of my last name inadvertently, but I did not notice it (because you can't see an extra space) when I signed the paperwork. Well, they would not accept my exam for 6 weeks saying the name on my exam did not match the name on my application. I finally got someone to dig deeper, and discovered the irregularity.... Then it took several weeks more time to get them to fix it so I could get my license. It was a real PITA.....

Reactions: BigAl07
When I was filing for my 107 license, the gal typing in my information added a space at the end of my last name inadvertently, but I did not notice it (because you can't see an extra space) when I signed the paperwork.

Another fail for "sanitizing the inputs." Lazy code.

Another fail for "sanitizing the inputs." Lazy code.
No it's not. They are two different systems and for dronezone upper case is fine.
I am sure the dronezone web site met the requirements (which BTW is where the fault would lie - not the coding).
Oversight in the requirements not considering other systems? Perhaps.

No it's not. They are two different systems and for dronezone upper case is fine.

My point there was that the DB shouldn't even allow an input with a trailing space. Bad whitespace is a *known* issue across pretty much every system I've ever worked with, and it appears in the requirements for every software development I've put in over the last twenty years.

Reactions: SkyeHigh
My point there was that the DB shouldn't even allow an input with a trailing space. Bad whitespace is a *known* issue across pretty much every system I've ever worked with, and it appears in the requirements for every software development I've put in over the last twenty years.
As far as I know there is no trailing whitespace issue????

As far as I know there is no trailing whitespace issue????

Go back and read the quoted text from the post where I said "Another fail..." ToddCarey noted the issue with *his* account.

She said exactly that - we are swamped.
You never know when you might need a favor from you local FAA. More than once they have adjusted my auth for me and then approved it rather than just rejecting it.
They probably keep private notes about the a. holes that flame them and those that work with them.
Hang on, so she phoned you to tell you they’re swamped? Maybe if they spent less time making pointless phone calls they’d be less “swamped”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400