DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet

tlswift58

Reactions
I have been using my Moto-Z smartphone with my RC on the Mavic Ai2 / Mini and with my degrading eyesight, it was really hard to see the screen and what was going on when shooting pics and video's - esp in sunlight.

Looked thru the recs and since I'm not an Apple fan and the price for the recommended iPad5 was pretty high - I got the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus. Just got the tablet from Lenovo and set it all up. DJI FlyApp downloaded / installed flawlessly (had tried on an older Samsung Tablet we have - did not work). Hooked it all up with a longer cord to handle the tablet, turned everything on and WOW.

I also got the Skyreat Tablet holder (aluminum versus many of the plastic / ABS cheaper models) to hold it and the all important lanyard as it will be pretty bulky using the tablet.

While I can't fly just yet, due to nasty weather here in Western NC (rain) - just turning everything on and viewing the tablet is going to make my droning a far better experience. The colors and brightness are great - with a few settings that can be adjusted per the user / environment.

Will give an update once I can put the drone in the air and shoot some pics / video, but think for the price - it can't be beat. I'll be using this tablet mainly for the drone.

I have been using my Moto-Z smartphone with my RC on the Mavic Ai2 / Mini and with my degrading eyesight, it was really hard to see the screen and what was going on when shooting pics and video's - esp in sunlight.

Looked thru the recs and since I'm not an Apple fan and the price for the recommended iPad5 was pretty high - I got the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus. Just got the tablet from Lenovo and set it all up. DJI FlyApp downloaded / installed flawlessly (had tried on an older Samsung Tablet we have - did not work). Hooked it all up with a longer cord to handle the tablet, turned everything on and WOW.

I also got the Skyreat Tablet holder (aluminum versus many of the plastic / ABS cheaper models) to hold it and the all important lanyard as it will be pretty bulky using the tablet.

While I can't fly just yet, due to nasty weather here in Western NC (rain) - just turning everything on and viewing the tablet is going to make my droning a far better experience. The colors and brightness are great - with a few settings that can be adjusted per the user / environment.

Will give an update once I can put the drone in the air and shoot some pics / video, but think for the price - it can't be beat. I'll be using this tablet mainly for the drone.
At 330 NITS you’re going to need a sunshade...

I,ve got the m8 version fits the remote nicely with a little strech I did not have my auto rotate on the other day and the first video I,ve ever recorded that was upside down but it is fast in the feild , i wish it had the samsung outdoor mode though

Reactions: tlswift58
I,ve got the m8 version fits the remote nicely with a little strech I did not have my auto rotate on the other day and the first video I,ve ever recorded that was upside down but it is fast in the feild , i wish it had the samsung outdoor mode though
Do you not save files to a SD card instead of phone / tablet? I much prefer the SD card route as it pops right into my laptop for downloading / any corrections in Lightroom / then upload to Internet.

At 330 NITS you’re going to need a sunshade...

Thanks. My phone was bad in direct sun, so this can't be worse. I just wanted a larger screen to help see the flight as my phone is so small and I do wear glasses for near sightedness. They also are "transitions" for darkening, but that doesn't seem to help much. So, try to find a shady spot or right inside my car or pop the hatch to have some cover.

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Do you not save files to a SD card instead of phone / tablet? I much prefer the SD card route as it pops right into my laptop for downloading / any corrections in Lightroom / then upload to Internet.
yes i use sd cards i fly litchi most of the time so i have to pull the card out of the drone I had to up date alot of equipment to render and play 4980x1080 video

Thanks. My phone was bad in direct sun, so this can't be worse. I just wanted a larger screen to help see the flight as my phone is so small and I do wear glasses for near sightedness. They also are "transitions" for darkening, but that doesn't seem to help much. So, try to find a shady spot or right inside my car or pop the hatch to have some cover.
IF you decide to go with the Mini, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND going to mygoflight.com and purchase their anti reflection screen protector. They make the best!!

It's funny how DJI reps will say certain devices are not qualified for use with their software but I've used my Moto Z4 phone and now my Samsung A21 phone with my MA2 and both work flawlessly. Now that I read this thread, I'm going to get the Lenovo m10 as my eyes suck even with my readers on. I'm not worried about the nit levels as nothing off the shelf is gonna be as good as the TRIPLTEK 1200 bit tablet. I'll have to wait for that until I get my Part 107 and start earning some drone $$.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7