DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just overall which is better? Money, Camera ,Fun

Which is better?

• Total voters
Your poll might get skewed results as it depends on what the user needs the drone for. If you are surveying hobbyists you might get different results than surveying Part 107 pilots or a combination of both. I added the "3" to the DJI Air you have listed to help. I would say the Air 3 is the best overall drone for both business and pleasure. it takes awesome photos and videos.

Reactions: davidarmenb
Hi there & welcome to the forum 👋 :D

But, sorry... this contain WAY to many... "it depends".

It's like, what's better/most fun... a Lamborghini, an RV, a Ford Taurus or an excavator?

Start out with asking yourself if your future drone is a flying machine that happens to have a camera... or if your camera happens to be attached on a drone.

This will guide you to a choice of drone type, that either prioritize the photo/video capability over the flying capability... or the opposite.

Last edited:
Impossible.

Like @slup said in better analogy, this is mixing apples and oranges.

Can't compare FPV to Cinematic drones. Also kind of meaningless to compare different tiers in the same class.

An Air 3 is going to be "better" than a Mini 4P in features, and cost more in money.

Hi there & welcome to the forum 👋 :D

But, sorry... this contain WAY to many... "it depends".

It's like, what's better/most fun... a Lamborghini, an RV, a Ford Taurus or an excavator?

Start out with asking yourself if your future drone is a flying machine that happens to have a camera... or if your camera happens to be attached on a drone.

This will guide you to a choice of drone type, that either prioritize the photo/video capability over the flying capability... or the opposite.
This exactly is why I think this poll flawed, sorry OP. I fly exclusively with output in mind(video/photo) and fly the two DJI drones at either side of the price scale(Mini 2 and Mavic 3). Because I edit my work, price of the drone and the camera quality is almost a moot point. I expect a ton of arguments for that last point, but it is what it is. Two of my recently sold large format framed pics were taken with a Mini 2.

I probably should clarify the above though- is the Mini a better drone with a better camera? God NO! But when I get to where I want to fly for a particular shoot and there's 10k people milling about and its just not practical to put the big noisy Mavic in the air, it is.

Also, I have as much fun as you can have with a camera drone in regards to both. I dont yet fly a FPV drone, but I suspect thats another area there this poll is flawed. FPVs and camera drones are apples and oranges.

The Mavic 3 with the drone hacks firmware that removes Aeroscope/RID emission and unlocks the limitations, plus the RC Pro (1080p, 60FPS, super smooth transmission, lots of customizable buttons, perfect connection and the ability to HDMI out to any monitor/screen) is basically the best way to fly around. Plus it's C1, so if you are in Europe that means you can fly (or pretend you fly) in A1.

<250g are cool for casual shooting or fly while backpacking (they are so small that you can takeoff/land from the hand and swap batteries while walking), but image quality and flight performance is not as good. I still have my Mini 2 but only fly it to cycle the batteries every few months. I also bring it to professional shootings in case the M3 breaks, like a second camera body, but It's just pointless 99.9% of the time while having the Mavic 3.

The Air 3 has the same small sensor than the <250g drones, so there's really no reason to pick it over the Mini 4 or 3, which can also put the camera in vertical position, which is cool for framing photos. Also, small drones are less intimidating to nearby karens, so another win for the Mini 3/4 vs the Air 3.

The Air2S had a wider lens that was really cool, but flight time was a joke and batteries were flawed in design and could pop out midflight.

And the Avata is more like an RC Plane or an RC car (or tank, because it's really tough), it's basically a toy to play around in the nearby surroundings. It has its uses on videography, and it can navigate indoors, but that's all. Like the Mini 2, I rarely fly my Avata, I allways prefer to explore with my Mavic 3.

What I bring with me whenever I go outside is a bag with my trusty and now undetectable Mavic 3, three batteries and a powerbank

Last edited:
Reactions: rgarjr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh