DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just pulled the trigger!!!

Just cancelled my order. Will order from bestbuy next month. I’m expecting a 10 percent birthday coupon, 6 percent in bestbuy rewards, plus Ill do a store pickup at a store where there is no sales tax.
Where do you find a BB store with no sales tax?

I was charged tax immediately. Never bought something where tax was charge later.
We used to never be charged sales tax on items sent from another state or country. Nobody Did.

You, the buyer, were supposed to claim any out-of-state purchase on your tax forms and pay the sales tax. But nobody ever really did that.

Then, when people started buying everything on the internet from other places, the states realized how much money they were losing, so most states changed the law, but I don't think ALL states changed the law. I think there are still some states out there that dont require out-of-state merchants to charge the sales tax.

I ordered one too but from Bestbuy. Had to pay tax but I will get it by release day. DJI ships your drone from China and you might have to wait awhile, similar to the Mavic Mini release. Some people had to wait months!
Thanks for the heads-up. I cancelled my order from DJI and ordered it from Best Buy.

Just cancelled my order. Will order from bestbuy next month. I’m expecting a 10 percent birthday coupon, 6 percent in bestbuy rewards, plus Ill do a store pickup at a store where there is no sales tax.

For the coupon note:
1 - Traditionally, not everyone got the Birthday coupon, all they may give more of those out with the current state of things
2 - Drones $499 and up are supposed to be excluded. So far, they have not enforced that on people who ordered last night or this morning. Not sure if they will leave it or catch on eventually.

So - it may work, just don't count on it

Still, the 6% is good and if you have a nearby state without sales tax, that helps.

Just purchased the Fly More Combo direct from DJI. I have a Phantom 3 Pro which I never really fly anymore. I am hoping to get back into it with Mavic Air 2.

I Also bought it directly from Dji
The Como with 3 Batteries.
Like the OcuSync 2.0 10km 1080p/30fps Video Transmission ,
and the what 30 min Flying time maybe.

For the coupon note:
1 - Traditionally, not everyone got the Birthday coupon, all they may give more of those out with the current state of things
2 - Drones $499 and up are supposed to be excluded. So far, they have not enforced that on people who ordered last night or this morning. Not sure if they will leave it or catch on eventually.

So - it may work, just don't count on it

Still, the 6% is good and if you have a nearby state without sales tax, that helps.

The coupon showed up for me at checkout, so I have it ordered. The coupon also worked on the Mavic air 1 two years ago.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claude72