DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just purchased my Mavic Air Fly More Combo today!

easyheimer

Reactions
Just purchased my Mavic Air Fly More Combo in Onyx Black today for $775. After watching a lot of videos and comparing it to my Mavic Pro, I decided to pull the trigger on it. Most of the reviews and comparisons of the two seem to favor the Mavic Air over the Pro. I’m a tad bit concerned about the range but what I’ve read is recent firmware updates have improved that. It seems the Air is more responsive than the Pro as well. Seems like a sports car (Air) as opposed to a muscle car (Pro).

I’d like to hear your opinions about this.

Also, what good accessories would you recommend for the Mavic Air?

Thank you and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!

welcome to the forum enjoy your new hobby

i just love my air, i have had the standrad 3 and professional, but this little drone outclasses those 2 hand down, i love the portability of it, it's rock steady and video is awesome, for me i hear people moaning about the noise, but to be honest it doesn't bother me this, if it did i would have bought the master air props. but it was and is the best purchase i have made, absolutely love it.

Reactions: easyheimer
Congrats and welcome to the club! I love my Air although I am now starting to outgrow its capabilities (the 12-14 minutes of flight time and the capabilities of its camera for stills). But I enjoy flying it, it is a mighty beast for its size. In terms of accessories, a hard case like this one (from MC Cases),
1578823273633.png
a CPL filter: and a more robust connecting cable like this one (from ADAM ELEMENTS)
1578823335440.png

are a must have in my opinion. Everything else is optional and very much dependent on your budget and preferences. A hard case that holds everything in the flymore pack is nice and will also serve you as a nice take off pad (never try to land on it though). A CPL filter in my opinion is a must have especially for landscape photography. I own a few other filters but the CPL is the one I find myself using most of the time. And the remote to phone connecting cable that DJI provides is flimsy, it will give up on you soon. I bought the above pictured one and it has served me well but there are plenty others like it and you won't be lacking for choice.

Have a blast!

Reactions: NAVMAV
Just purchased my Mavic Air Fly More Combo in Onyx Black today for $775. After watching a lot of videos and comparing it to my Mavic Pro, I decided to pull the trigger on it. Most of the reviews and comparisons of the two seem to favor the Mavic Air over the Pro. I’m a tad bit concerned about the range but what I’ve read is recent firmware updates have improved that. It seems the Air is more responsive than the Pro as well. Seems like a sports car (Air) as opposed to a muscle car (Pro).

I’d like to hear your opinions about this.

Also, what good accessories would you recommend for the Mavic Air?

Thank you and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!
Funny that you went the opposite direction from my choice. After flying the Mavic Air since June 2018 (1 1/2 years) I grew tired of the loud noise it made and recently sold it on e-bay with flymore kit and now own Mavic 2 Pro. I do regret not having the smaller sized drone for travel but the M2P camera is so much better and I still cannot get used to how much more quieter it is.

Last edited:
i just love my air, i have had the standrad 3 and professional, but this little drone outclasses those 2 hand down, i love the portability of it, it's rock steady and video is awesome, for me i hear people moaning about the noise, but to be honest it doesn't bother me this, if it did i would have bought the master air props. but it was and is the best purchase i have made, absolutely love it.
Thank you for this! So you’ve had the Mavic Pro and like the Air better?

Thank you for this! So you’ve had the Mavic Pro and like the Air better?
No, I don't think I meant that. I had the Air a year and a half , and loved it and I miss the portability but I sold it and moved on up to a better camera and quieter drone. My primary goal was a better camera since photography and travel videos are my passion.

Welcome to the Mavic Air. I think you will enjoy this compact tech marvel. I bought my MA combo when they first came out (Feb 2018). I have thoroughly enjoyed this compact drone. It has been a reliable, fun flyer. Accessories that I have added include; a Pelican hard case, Masterscrew props, extra batteries, third party multi-charger, dedicated Android tablet (recently changed to iPad), Skins for controller and battery, extra SD cards, silicone battery terminal covers, battery discharger, MAvMount, sunhood, landing pad, etc.
I recently had to send back my controller, due to connector failing to charge. It is being tracked to return tomorrow. In the meantime, I have been flying my MM and enjoying the compliment to the MA in my flight bag.
Enjoy your safe flying There is plenty to learn on this forum, with many helpful, knowledgable posters. MA casejpg.jpg

No, I don't think I meant that. I had the Air a year and a half , and loved it and I miss the portability but I sold it and moved on up to a better camera and quieter drone. My primary goal was a better camera since photography and travel videos are my passion.
Hey, sorry meant to respond to Doppler.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+