DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just some info input for my decision

lgood

Reactions
I have a P3S and a Mavic Pro. I like both, Mavic more though. My P3S is going away shortly. I am looking to buy a nice just to fly drone. I would prefer to stay with DJI, but my options are open. I am considering the Mavic Mini 2 or possibly the Mavic Air 2. Both are in my price range at this time. I do some pictures for our own enjoyment. As soon as we get all our Christmas lights up, I will get some of those. I do some FPV with my Mavic Pro using Litchi and cheap goggles. Rather an interesting venture. I see on Amazon the Air 2 is going for $799, fly more for $988. Mavic Mini 2 fly more for $599. Any comments on either one would be welcomed. Most of my flying is done leaving my yard and headed north to the corn fields and along the RR tracks.

Hi lgood Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
I don’t own either but my choice would be the Air 2.
I am sure others who have them will be along to give suggestions.

I have a P3S and a Mavic Pro. I like both, Mavic more though. My P3S is going away shortly. I am looking to buy a nice just to fly drone. I would prefer to stay with DJI, but my options are open. I am considering the Mavic Mini 2 or possibly the Mavic Air 2. Both are in my price range at this time. I do some pictures for our own enjoyment. As soon as we get all our Christmas lights up, I will get some of those. I do some FPV with my Mavic Pro using Litchi and cheap goggles. Rather an interesting venture. I see on Amazon the Air 2 is going for $799, fly more for $988. Mavic Mini 2 fly more for $599. Any comments on either one would be welcomed. Most of my flying is done leaving my yard and headed north to the corn fields and along the RR tracks.
I own a air 2 and a mini 1 both are great drones. I would say, if your looking to use goggles on either your out of luck at this point in time as they don't work with any goggles (even the ones dji makes).

I will add that the Air 2 Live View - what you see on your phone/tablet - is 1080p. The Mini 2 is 720p. That makes a very big difference in the flying experience. If that matters, go with the Air 2.

Last edited:
The Mini 2 and the Mavic Air 2 are both great drones in their class. You won't go wrong with either. However, if I had to choose only ONE today, it would be the Mavic Air 2. Why? It's just a bit less limited than the Mini 2. DJI made a GREAT upgrade from the Mini1 to the 2 but to justify the price difference had to hold back some features that the MA2 has, simply because the margin difference between the two has to be huge, so they have to justify the price somehow.

But there are reasons to buy the Mini 2 beyond price. To some extent portability. However, the MM2 and the MA2 share the same controller, which is a behemoth and does a lot (IMO) to level the playing field in the portability aspect. The Mini 2 is quiet and stealthy and small. The neighborhood isn't as likely the get freaked out like they would with a Phantom or even a Mavic 2. But the Mavic Air 2 isn't all that much bigger- but bigger enough that you wouldn't want to fly it in the house, which is more easily done with the Mini.

Even though the Mini 2 can deal with the wind much better than the Mini 1, the MA2 is better yet. With more power and more mass it will be more stable in a windy environment.

Again, I don't think you can go wrong with either. It all depends on your needs.

You will be able to fly the MA2 on days that you would be grounded with the MM. Good decision! Have fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000