DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just wondering

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
The 240g mavic mini 2 has a lot more relaxed rules than all other drones . You may be able to fly over urban areas and non involved people etc legally . The FAA doesnt require you to register it though in the EU , if it has a camera you do. So if I buy one , what's to stop me claiming any online footage from my Mavic Air 2 was captured by my Mavic Mini 2 ? Just a hypothetical question , so rules are the rules purists can chilax .Not planning to fly down main street with my MA-2 just yet. Just wondering is all

The FAA only has jurisdiction in the USA. Their rules won’t apply to you in Eire, that the IAA. You’ll need to register it from the end of the month Drone FAQs - Operator Registration

Onto your other point. The embedded data on your video states what it was captured on. Similarly, exif data on stills does the same. So, it wouldn’t be easy to get away with.

To Mazdaman, re "And does the embedded data transfer on to you tube ?", reversing the question, are the videos uploaded with the data included?

And does the embedded data transfer on to you tube ?
Yes. It does.

Similarly, when I upload a photo to Flickr, the data is there showing what camera I used, the lens, the shutter speed, iso, white balance etc.

What if you had an incident. And they wanted your flight log ?

Reactions: Lastrexking
Yes. It does.

Similarly, when I upload a photo to Flickr, the data is there showing what camera I used, the lens, the shutter speed, iso, white balance etc.

Aren’t there apps that can remove this data for you?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder