DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 JUST wrapped up my biggest yacht project to date. 90' Ocean Alexander filmed in around Dent Island, B.C.

Awesome video!

Reactions: sarahb and AlecGB
Excellent video. I want one but don't have the money, but I would love to rent it for a week or two if the owner is interested.

Again, it was a great video, the best yet.
It's actually a boat up for charter specifically, not for sale. They go all over the west coast, from the San Juans, to British Columbia, and up into Alaska. I believe they're touring Europe for a few years at some point in the future as well

The coolest shoot I've been on since going to Mexico last year. May even be better than that even. I hope everyone enjoys!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
A very gorgeous ship! Wow! I cannot even imagine the cost of this vessel! But wouldn't I love to hire the ship and captain and chef for a week! The video is super excellent.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: AlecGB
Thank you Sir Maxwell, really happy with the final result
May i ask what drone you were using? Im using a Mavic3 and regularly flyout over water and shoot yatchs, nothing that looks as awesome as yours though. So i ask from a technical standpoint in terms of power, stability and reliability

The coolest shoot I've been on since going to Mexico last year. May even be better than that even. I hope everyone enjoys!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Stunning video and subject

Even if you are not into Yachts it is an excellent video. We all can dream in Technicolor.

Thank you for the kind words Crash :)

A very gorgeous ship! Wow! I cannot even imagine the cost of this vessel! But wouldn't I love to hire the ship and captain and chef for a week! The video is super excellent.

Dale
Miami

I'm not sure of the cost either, but I'm sure its several dollars at least (lol). Thank you watching Dale and I'm thrilled you enjoyed the video

May i ask what drone you were using? Im using a Mavic3 and regularly flyout over water and shoot yatchs, nothing that looks as awesome as yours though. So i ask from a technical standpoint in terms of power, stability and reliability

Always! I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability to ask away. This was shot on a Mavic 3 Pro, using a combination of the standard wide angle and the 3x optical zoom lens.

It definitely helps to have a good backdrop and a good subject. After that it's composition and lighting, then color grading in post. The biggest game changer for me recently has been my approach in coloring. Almost every shot has had the boat and the background separated with masking, allowing me to color them separately to achieve a much better look. I make sure not to over edit and just help the footage get to it's best natural look

Stunning video and subject

Thank you Pace! I'm glad you enjoyed the video and thank you for watching

âï¸ Sardinia, Fish and Ships

This is just a clip from
my Sardinia video and no where near the quality of your work! I too would love to know the drone and settings used
Mine Air3
Your mix of close up shots and sea shots is inspiring

Pace this footage is great! I like the mix of shots you have, it shows you know where good composition when you see it. This was shot on a Mavic 3 Pro, manual settings. I shoot in 5.1k/50fps and adjust WB/ISO/Shutter as needed to get the right exposure, etc. Then I take it to post where I try and get the image as close to what I have in my mind's eye as possible. I don't go crazy with coloring but I lean into the basics strongly. Color separation, color depth, proper white balance, and making sure that the boat stands out—instead of blending in to the background.

And thank you! My strategy is to get both/shoot as much as possible and then trim down later. I always over shoot by ~5x to give myself options later and time to warm up while flying. So the shots I end up using are usually the top 5-10% of my shots, meaning I'm always presenting my very best.

As stated your video is stunning ! One further question ? What did you use for interior shots? I have been asked by two companies who sell Thanes river boats about shooting river boats as part of their sales!
Your video shows the level i need to achieve

As stated your video is stunning ! One further question ? What did you use for interior shots? I have been asked by two companies who sell Thanes river boats about shooting river boats as part of their sales!
Your video shows the level i need to achieve

Ask as many as you need :) for interiors I use a Lumix Panasonic S5, Laowa 12mm Zero-D Cine, DJI Ronin 3, and DJI focus motor to keep the lens in focus as I pan.

The camera and lens are full frame but I usually shoot on ASP-C, so the lens comes out to a ~30-35mm equivalent. If you need even more wide which I've started to do more, then full frame 12mm works great.

Good luck with the shoot! If you have any further questions just ask.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH