DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kaenae Peninsula, Maui, Hawaii

kenwae

Reactions
Along the infamous 'road to Hana,' about halfway there, is a turnout to this quaint scenic area....

ahhhhh can't wait....I'll be there in 3 weeks time, with my MP !!!!

Cool! If you have not been here before and would like to know some good areas to fly in, let me know....

Cool! If you have not been here before and would like to know some good areas to fly in, let me know....

Hey, I'm heading to Maui this weekend. We are staying at Wailea beach. Do you have suggestions for places where I can use the mavic and also do you know if there are any restricted areas?

Thanks

Yea....on a map, you'll see these places. La Perouse Bay. That's not too far from Wailea; just keep going south, to Makena, and keep going to La Perouse. Olowalu is a quaint little area about halfway to Lahaina town. Areas to pull out, park and fly, right at the shorelines. Poli Poli park is upcountry, big open field on the slopes of Haleakala. Hang gliders happen there too. Kepaniwai Park, in Iao Valley. It's a county park so no restrictions, but you're within a Class C airspace so, technically, restricted, but you're going to be flying under 100 feet up the Wailuku River. Beautiful area. La Perouse Bay will be your closest option. Out there, it's not restricted, to my knowledge. It may be part of the Ahi Kinau reserve which begins a little after Makena, you'd see signs, no flying there; but, does it extend to La Perouse Bay? Don't know. I've flown there many times with no problem....

Reactions: TomRe
Great suggestions, I'll be marking them on the map. Do you know if the hotels have any issues with flying drones on the beachfronts?

Generally not a problem. The beaches that front the hotels are public. Probably a good idea to launch as away from people as possible, don't fly low over people; you go up a couple hundred feet you'd be unnoticeable, able to fly over the resort, up and down the beach, without anyone the wiser, and able to get some great images.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk