DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Karma ( Crashes ) at baseball game...

Okay I think I have to agree with the popular consensus that it wasn't the Drone that did anything it was the stupid *** person controlling it that did the bad stuff LOL

Also I have to add to my previous comment that the karma is basically not very controllable and to do something like that was almost inevitable I had to say so I would almost give it a charge of neglect

No more illegal than using an isolated incident to amplify an unjustified sense of panic.

Not sure what you're trying to argue for here. Are you trying to argue that drones should be permitted at baseball games like this one?

Have to wonder if this is what DJI is trying to prevent with the new software / firmware patch that they're pushing this week?

I think this would not have even been possible with a modern DJI drone... Large ball parks are already marked as restricted (Red) NFZ.

I wonder how it happened? I mean if it were a white drone it's easy to lose... but the Karma is the size of a VW Bug and black as night. Should have been no problem.

#toosoon?
There could of been many reasons for the crash, Technical issues could of been one, Pilot skill, even if you could see it, it doesn't mean the person was good at flying it, If he couldn't see it and lost track then that's even worse. Either way if they find this person he's in Deep trouble.

It's a karma. Those things are riddled with bugs. The sheer fact that it's a karma means it should be kept away from crowds. It also has no OA sensors. A phantom or a Mavic would have easily been able to avoid a collision like that.
Or the large metal light racks would have at least cut the communication so RTH would activate and clear the area.

Have to wonder if this is what DJI is trying to prevent with the new software / firmware patch that they're pushing this week?

Some how I can envision a few DLI employees doing high fives just outside the ball park. Then picking up the phone, calling China and saying mission accomplished, now our demands look weasonable;)and American company get all the blame:p

That drone almost cost someone their hotdog. Cheezeless Crust, will the insanity never end.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
Miraculously - Thank you God - it ran into an empty seat - one of only a few around. If not, those props would've made ground beef of someone - on live TV no less. And we wonder why DJI is force feeding us the update? Idiot ops are to blame, frankly. (and buying a Karma ich)

Did we watch the same video? It beamed the guy with the gray shorts right in the leg, going full-forward. His injury? He's seen rubbing his leg. If anything I think this is great example of how hard it is to actually hurt someone with an unarmed drone.

Sure, the guy flying there is a blight to the hobby, and it was absolutely unjustified stupidity to fly where he did. But, what I get from this is that despite all the "could, might, will" kill someone (or turn them into hamburger meat) - unless you manage to get someone in the eye, the risk of a stray baseball (or hockey puck) if FAR more likely to hurt someone.

Recall the recent study that claimed the risk of injury from a direct drone strike TO THE HEAD is something like 1:30,000. That's not even accounting for the impossibly small odds that you'd even get hit.

Expected or not, the foul balls and speeding pucks have KILLED people. A drone has not.

Keep it in perspective.

There could of been many reasons for the crash, Technical issues could of been one, Pilot skill, even if you could see it, it doesn't mean the person was good at flying it, If he couldn't see it and lost track then that's even worse. Either way if they find this person he's in Deep trouble.

I was just teasing man. I still think we're friends, just difference of opinion on a few things.

Yeah this guy is a ding dong and should be arrested. Looks like he thought he would dip in and out and got confused and wrecked. Or the Karma did a RTH and crashed.

Or maybe the guy that owns GoPro needed some much needed publicity and was in his Bentley in the parking lot and ditched it knowing it would make the news!

Did we watch the same video? It beamed the guy with the gray shorts right in the leg, going full-forward. His injury? He's seen rubbing his leg. If anything I think this is great example of how hard it is to actually hurt someone with an unarmed drone.

Sure, the guy flying there is a blight to the hobby, and it was absolutely unjustified stupidity to fly where he did. But, what I get from this is that despite all the "could, might, will" kill someone (or turn them into hamburger meat) - unless you manage to get someone in the eye, the risk of a stray baseball (or hockey puck) if FAR more likely to hurt someone.

Recall the recent study that claimed the risk of injury from a direct drone strike TO THE HEAD is something like 1:30,000. That's not even accounting for the impossibly small odds that you'd even get hit.

Expected or not, the foul balls and speeding pucks have KILLED people. A drone has not.

Keep it in perspective.

Have you seen a Karma? They are HUGE and HEAVY! Oh and their props are huge and rigid.

It could have broke skin for sure. I've seen Phantom props rip people up pretty good.

I agree death isn't likely

Keep it in perspective.

OK. I rewatched the video and saw that it beamed the guy in the leg and then went into the chair, which I didn't catch the first go 'round. Then some dude picks it up and starts dancing with his new 'trophy'. Anyway, clearly, it shouldn't have been flying there and the outcome could've been much worse...

I'd say there's no shame in using the prop guards when there are people. Problem is I can't stand the way they look. Cultural probably.

Great promotional: we will be flying a drone into the crowd and giving away a free GoPro tonight!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique