DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Kazanite (cauldron) waterfall

I see a lot of people have viewed this without commenting. I think I understand why - what does a good pilot say to this? I hope you will take my thoughts as an attempt to help - nothing more.

My initial thoughts:
1. You obviously went to a lot of work to make this happen.
2. I am prone to motion sickness, and felt a bit coming on as I watched the quick turns and moves.
3. You flew a lot, if not most of this beyond VLOS.
4. I'm not sure how you came through this without losing your drone. Some might call it skill, but I think I would call this lucky - especially if you were using a 3.

Clearly, art is in the eye of the beholder. Thank you for sharing, but also please consider drone safety and the importance of VLOS. Risk-taking pilots create issues for the broader community.

I see a lot of people have viewed this without commenting. I think I understand why - what does a good pilot say to this? I hope you will take my thoughts as an attempt to help - nothing more.

My initial thoughts:
1. You obviously went to a lot of work to make this happen.
2. I am prone to motion sickness, and felt a bit coming on as I watched the quick turns and moves.
3. You flew a lot, if not most of this beyond VLOS.
4. I'm not sure how you came through this without losing your drone. Some might call it skill, but I think I would call this lucky - especially if you were using a 3.

Clearly, art is in the eye of the beholder. Thank you for sharing, but also please consider drone safety and the importance of VLOS. Risk-taking pilots create issues for the broader community.
If you watch a lot of Alex‘s videos, you would know it’s pure skill and not luck. Also, he’s in a remote area with no chance of harming people or buildings. I doubt if Alex has violated any Bulgarian rules.

You fly awfully close to stuff Alex. Do you ever get nervous? I was nervous just watching you fly through the small space at the entry to the open area and how close you were to rocks and trees. I am relatively certain you didn't have visual contact with your drone and were just piloting on-screen. Yes/no? Mavic 3?

Reactions: alex_markov
If you watch a lot of Alex‘s videos, you would know it’s pure skill and not luck. Also, he’s in a remote area with no chance of harming people or buildings. I doubt if Alex has violated any Bulgarian
I noticed the remote area. Alex's skills are impressive. I have a lot to learn yet.

I'm pretty sure he uses the Avata FPV drone with goggles. That really is the only way to do a video like this and, yes, he's been flying it a lot for as long as there has been an Avata model, so I think it's more skill ths=an luck. But, let's face it, no matter how much we scout our flying locations and fly VLOS, there's always some luck involved. I flew in one park in my city many times and I walked the entire area where I was going to fly, looking for any obstacles. I flew VLOS but it wasn't until I go back and started editing the video on my computer that I saw, I had just missed by inches a small wire strung over a creek in the park. The drone Gods were with me that day.

You fly awfully close to stuff Alex. Do you ever get nervous? I was nervous just watching you fly through the small space at the entry to the open area and how close you were to rocks and trees. I am relatively certain you didn't have visual contact with your drone and were just piloting on-screen. Yes/no? Mavic 3?
It's obviously not M3 - it's Avata but there is no tag for her and with goggles, there is no way you can see Your drone not to mention my only crash was when I tried to look at the drone instead the camera ;)

Some might call it skill,
It is most definitely skill, when I first watched some of Alex's videos, I thought it was dizzying also. After a while I feel like i'm flying with him, and almost anticipate the moves he will take. There's no such thing as VLOS with goggles and he is the best we see on the forum.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw