DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keep getting Gimbal motor overloaded

lmaoleonix

Reactions
Hi, so I got my drone from my sister's and she said that the drone had fallen or something? And when I tried to fly it, the camera started shaking like crazy. So I though it was the ribbon cable, so I bought one (like the new case with the cables already installed), I put the camera in it, turned it on. Got that error. It seemed to move around freely, but then maybe thought the cable was something wrong with it, and so I bought just the cable replacement again. Put everything nicely how it should be. Still nope and got the same error. But when I rotate the camera with my hands, it moves freely. Any help?
I don't really wanna send the drone as probably they are going to charge me 200+ euros.

I don't really wanna send the drone as probably they are going to charge me 200+ euros.
I will tell you that you may end up replacing parts you don't need to when working on the gimble- for instance how hard was this fall because usually the gimble boards do not survive much of an impact because of a bad design, so it may be there- or the gimble motor or even a small outer defect caused by the fall. Sending it to DJI will save you alot of headache.
If you want to DIY and spend the money then:
Is the drone also giving you Sensor errors, If so it is a bad Gimble board, If not you need to replace the gimble motor or whole thing really.
And once you do that I would hate to find out it was all something simple like debris in the Gimble. That you may find by carefully examining the gimble.

I will tell you that you may end up replacing parts you don't need to when working on the gimble- for instance how hard was this fall because usually the gimble boards do not survive much of an impact because of a bad design, so it may be there- or the gimble motor or even a small outer defect caused by the fall. Sending it to DJI will save you alot of headache.
If you want to DIY and spend the money then:
Is the drone also giving you Sensor errors, If so it is a bad Gimble board, If not you need to replace the gimble motor or whole thing really.
And once you do that I would hate to find out it was all something simple like debris in the Gimble. That you may find by carefully examining the gimble.
I might as actually send it to a third party service to repair, but no I have not gotten any sensor errors except that gimbal motor overload error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas