DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keep your cool during a confrontation . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in upper Washington the other day. I was there filming 20 acres for a client. I was parked on a public road in the woods by another car. I got set up to fly. As I took off the lady in the car jumps out with a revolver and angrily asks, “what the hell I was doing”! Well that’s a first?. For what ever reason I did not feel threatened. I first looked at the gun, and being a revolver, it was easy to see it lacked ammunition.in the end we were sitting on my tailgate, discussing what she did wrong pulling the gun, and showing her how the drone worked. I got very valuable info from her about the property I question.
Yep, I could have had her arrested. Branding and Threatening a weapon is very serious. A felony if pushed. But in the end, I had a new friend in the area, and valuable info for my client!
WELL DONE, I carry also here in Idaho and to be honest I am not sure that I could of handled it as well as you did. I will remember this episode and try to learn from it. :)

Reactions: DoomMeister
I am NOT going to sit down with anyone whom has pulled a gun on me loaded or unloaded. My older brother told m when I was 15, if someone pulls a gun a gun on you, don't give them a second chance to do it again one way or the other!!!

WDK

I was in upper Washington the other day. I was there filming 20 acres for a client. I was parked on a public road in the woods by another car. I got set up to fly. As I took off the lady in the car jumps out with a revolver and angrily asks, “what the ( Inappropriate Language Removed z) I was doing”! Well that’s a first?. For what ever reason I did not feel threatened. I first looked at the gun, and being a revolver, it was easy to see it lacked ammunition.in the end we were sitting on my tailgate, discussing what she did wrong pulling the gun, and showing her how the drone worked. I got very valuable info from her about the property I question.
Yep, I could have had her arrested. Branding and Threatening a weapon is very serious. A felony if pushed. But in the end, I had a new friend in the area, and valuable info for my client!
I fly with cones around my van and wearing my 'FAA Licensed ...' green vest and often if at a construction site, my hard hat and I seem to be accepted / ignored as someone official by the locals. Example:

Reactions: Kilboar
I was in upper Washington the other day. I was there filming 20 acres for a client. I was parked on a public road in the woods by another car. I got set up to fly. As I took off the lady in the car jumps out with a revolver and angrily asks, “what the ( Inappropriate Language Removed z) I was doing”! Well that’s a first?. For what ever reason I did not feel threatened. I first looked at the gun, and being a revolver, it was easy to see it lacked ammunition.in the end we were sitting on my tailgate, discussing what she did wrong pulling the gun, and showing her how the drone worked. I got very valuable info from her about the property I question.
Mod Removed. per post # 10

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s it guys you want to keep on about firearms but we’re not.
You were warned but you want to keep on. It’s over and per post 10
a warning has been issued. It’s over.

CLOSED.
Got a problem with it message me or a Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_