DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kensico Dam

Chevrev

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now let's get some Dam beer

Reactions: Proffy
Thanks for the memories! I grew up in Westchester Co.
That was shot last year (snow) but the weather was nice and calm. I actually got questioned by the police just as the drone was coming back but they were really cool about it. They checked my id and drone and footage to make sure I wasn't doing anything illegal. They explained that no one is allowed to use a drone on the dam but they can't stop us from launching from outside the park and flying over the Dam :)

Nice one!

I often read the argument that if an area disallows the use of drones you can still legally take off and land outside the area and fly into / out of it. However do the security personnel responsible for policing the area know the difference? I suspect not and you could still have a lot of problems if they are ignorant of this rule. Has anyone experienced an encounter where you are flying legally but the authorities think you are not?

I often read the argument that if an area disallows the use of drones you can still legally take off and land outside the area and fly into / out of it. However do the security personnel responsible for policing the area know the difference? I suspect not and you could still have a lot of problems if they are ignorant of this rule. Has anyone experienced an encounter where you are flying legally but the authorities think you are not?

The Police said they don't care if I launch from from outside the parking area because that is not their jurisdiction as it that falls under the City Police department and they are State...LOL

That was shot last year (snow) but the weather was nice and calm. I actually got questioned by the police just as the drone was coming back but they were really cool about it. They checked my id and drone and footage to make sure I wasn't doing anything illegal. They explained that no one is allowed to use a drone on the dam but they can't stop us from launching from outside the park and flying over the Dam :)
I was actually planning on going over to shoot there today and trying to research any rules on drones at Kensico which is how I found this post. Are you saying that you can't launch from on top of the dam? I was planning on launching from the park below. Or is that illegal as well?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone