DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kitty Hawk and Mavic Air 2

juanrjackson

Reactions
I’m trying to use Kitty Hawk with my Mavic Air 2. I logged into the KH to add my drone.

What do you put in as the identifier number?

Also, I wasn’t able to get it to connect to my drone once I had the drone turned on and app open.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

You use the DJI Fly app to fly your MA2.

You'd use KH to determine if you're in controlled airspace or other advisories, and submit LAANC authorization requests to fly in controlled airspace.

I usually use Airmap for LAANC. You set up a profile to identify you, including your FAA registration number, and identify your aircrafts make/model.

Going over with what I have in AP, I am not seeing where my FAA number is entered. I could have sworn I had entered it in the past. Even LAANC request didn't ask for it. The only identity is name, email address and cell number.

Reactions: dawgpilot
No 3rd party apps can connect to the Mavic Air 2 yet. We are waiting for DJI to add the MA2 to their SDK, which supposedly is happening by the end of the month. After that, developers can update their apps to work with the MA2.

I have just seen in another post on this forum that the sdk will be released on 13 December.
No 3rd party apps can connect to the Mavic Air 2 yet. We are waiting for DJI to add the MA2 to their SDK, which supposedly is happening by the end of the month. After that, developers can update their apps to work with the MA2.

I have just seen in another post on this forum that the sdk will be released on 13 December.
Hope so. This is about the 3rd estimated release date DJI has given for the SDK (originally it was due out back in August or September), so I'm a little dubious of any exact date.

Has anyone had KH control ANY Mavic? I haven't heard of that. When I connect my P3 or M2, one of the choices of app is Airmap, but I haven't heard anyone using that either.

Has anyone had KH control ANY Mavic? I haven't heard of that. When I connect my P3 or M2, one of the choices of app is Airmap, but I haven't heard anyone using that either.

Kittyhawk works to fly the drone with the original Mavic Air, but I prefer to stick to DJI Go 4 for regular flying. (and Litchi if I'm doing missions, etc.)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard