DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.kml/.kmz file upload

Empie

Reactions
Hi, Has anyone found a way to do this for an area mapping mission? It's not working with the Mavic 3 Multispectral with current firmware. Cheers.

I just ran into this issue as well. KML/KMZs have to be in polygon format now rather than points it seems, and it will autogenerate a mapping mission based on the area. Pilot 2 also didn't like KMZs I made by converting a shp in ArcGIS, so I had to open them in Google Earth and recreate... which is a pain.

This is a big negative compared to what I considered a decent setup for the P4M where you could import point KMLs into GS Pro and just use them as references.

Final gripe. There appears to be no way to move the starting point of the mission. Used to be able to flip the reference angle of the flight lines but in Pilot 2 this doesn't work. Came across this video discussing the need to have the last point in the KML be where you want the mission to start, but haven't tried it yet.

Did you have any better luck on your end?

The only way I have found is to create a random .km* file in Google Earth browser (i.e. not "Pro", program). Then open this in Notepad++, & copy in the latitude, longitude, & elevations on the vertices in the format you see in the random file. I suspect this doesn't even assure a failsafe mission as some of the planned photos are not captured. The only sure way I've found to avoid that is to draw the flight plan area in the controller (i.e. no uploading of files to it). Yes, DJI still has some work to do.

Oh boy, that's quite the workaround....

I played around some more and found that you can in fact move the starting point of the survye by deleting and re-adding vertices around the perimeter, but the response was not clear cut. Also, depending on how complex a boundary you have this could be a royal pain in the butt

It's baffling to me how a functionality that DJI made me pay for in GS Pro isn't something that's also included in Pilot 2. Really hope they add it in the future.

Try changing the angle of the flight runs & you may get the starting point to be where you want it.

Thanks. This absolutely used to be the case in DJI apps (and every other flight app I've used), however in Pilot 2 the starting point tries to stay as close to one of the vertices as possible as you rotate them. See the video I posted above for an example.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth