DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC and Digital Notification

ddodell

Reactions
I live and occasionally fly within 5 miles of an airport (SDL) ...

I am flying as a hobbyist ( don't have my Part 107) ... but want to notify SDL through LAANC.

I have used my free account on Skyward, and have successfully filled multiple notifications off my desktop, but can't seem to do so in the mobile app.

I tried using Airmap, but it looks like it will only send digital notification if I'm flying Part 107 (which I'm not) ... if I setup a flightplan and hit send, I will get a text message about Flying Carefully in Class D airspace. Did SDL actually get notified? Can't tell.

I like how Skyward works where I get a formal authorization with a FAA reference number, but would love to do something like this from a mobile app.

Suggestions for the hobbyist?

David

I'm looking for the same capability. OK with Skyward website so far, but it would be so nice to do a LAANC notification using a mobile app in the field.

I'm looking for the same capability. OK with Skyward website so far, but it would be so nice to do a LAANC notification using a mobile app in the field.

Airmap does do this, only for Part 107 pilots ... another incentive I guess to go Part 107 even though I don't fly or have a desire to go commercial.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom