DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC approval & Reprint Recurrent Passed Test

rickfmdj

Reactions
I have a last-minute client that wants to do some early Fourth of July videos and I am about 3 miles from a small airport. Height limitation is at 200 feet in the area I want to fly. All I need is about 150 feet so that’s what I requested on LAANC. They told me I didn’t get automatic approval and I have to wait up to 30 days for manual approval. I’ve flown in the area before and got immediate approval. Not sure why and next Thursday is the date I’m supposed to do this job for a client it says there’s no rush and I can’t request something earlier they’ll deny it, any ideas?

Also, I passed the recurrent test and need to print the results, and can't find to print anywhere. Does anyone know? Thanks

Last edited:
I have a last-minute client that want to do some early Fourth of July videos and I am about 3 miles from a small airport. Height limitation is at 200 feet in the area I want to fly. All I need is about 150 feet so that’s what I requested on LAANC. They told me I didn’t get automatic approval and I have to wait up to 30 days for manual approval. I’ve flown in the area before and got immediate approval. Not sure why and next Thursday is the date I’m supposed to do this job for a client it says there’s no rush and I can’t request something earlier they’ll deny it, any ideas? Thanks.
Need more details to offer any suggestions.

What airport? What software being used? Date and time requested? Did the app indicate that automatic approval was not available? When you say "They" do you mean the app or people you contacted? Who said you can't request earlier than next Thursday?

I have a last-minute client that want to do some early Fourth of July videos and I am about 3 miles from a small airport. Height limitation is at 200 feet in the area I want to fly. All I need is about 150 feet so that’s what I requested on LAANC. They told me I didn’t get automatic approval and I have to wait up to 30 days for manual approval. I’ve flown in the area before and got immediate approval. Not sure why and next Thursday is the date I’m supposed to do this job for a client it says there’s no rush and I can’t request something earlier they’ll deny it, any ideas? Thanks.
Use the Air Control app, automatic approval for the flight altitude.

Reactions: rickfmdj
Resubmit for approval. And maybe a third time.
Try a different LAANC provider.

Use the Air Control app, automatic approval for the flight altitude.
That’s the first app I used. That’s the one giving me the delay.

Contact Air Control through the app, they responded to me quickly, if the air space is at 200 feet it should be automatic but if it is 0 feet there needs to be someone looking over the mission. I recently had a 0 altitude near the Burbank CA airport took 3 weeks for authorization, I applied 5 weeks out, same airport 3 months ago, 3 days for an authorization, no way to figure what will be fastest.

I am of the belief that Air Control's app was having technical problems. Two days ago I was trying to get LAANC approved. Every time I opened the app, it would immediately shutdown. after multiple attempts on 3 different divices, gave up and had to go to their website and get it done there. Now today, everything is working normally without any issues. I sent a message to them Friday night for an explanation and hope to hear something back from them on Monday. But again. Everything is working normally now.

Resubmit for approval. And maybe a third time.
Try a different LAANC provider.
What other providers do you have? Aloft used, Airmap no longer.
I am of the belief that Air Control's app was having technical problems. Two days ago I was trying to get LAANC approved. Every time I opened the app, it would immediately shutdown. after multiple attempts on 3 different divices, gave up and had to go to their website and get it done there. Now today, everything is working normally without any issues. I sent a message to them Friday night for an explanation and hope to hear something back from them on Monday. But again. Everything is working normally now.
thanks for the help. I figured it out and use a different app.

What other providers do you have? Aloft used, Airmap no longer.

thanks for the help. I figured it out and use a different app.
I moved on to AutoPylot after Airmap shut down, and find it very easy to use.

There was some Airmap and AutoPylot discussion here:

Here’s the current list of LAANC providers:

I have a last-minute client that wants to do some early Fourth of July videos and I am about 3 miles from a small airport. Height limitation is at 200 feet in the area I want to fly. All I need is about 150 feet so that’s what I requested on LAANC. They told me I didn’t get automatic approval and I have to wait up to 30 days for manual approval. I’ve flown in the area before and got immediate approval. Not sure why and next Thursday is the date I’m supposed to do this job for a client it says there’s no rush and I can’t request something earlier they’ll deny it, any ideas?

Also, I passed the recurrent test and need to print the results, and can't find to print anywhere. Does anyone know? Thanks
I HAVE LOCATED ON FAA SAFETY SITE. THANK YOU!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147