DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC problems

QUAS1

Reactions
Anyone else having problems getting authorizations through LAANC in the Las Vegas area? I've tried using both AirMap & Kittyhawk. AirMap automatically rejects airspace that's rated 400 AGL- where I have flown before. Kittyhawk pops an error message "There appears to be a server error. LAANC services are not available at the moment." Tried contacting both vendors and FAA AJV-5 and heard nothing back. Called ESRI and asked about ArcGIS where the FAA UAS Facility Maps are housed. They are not experiencing any server problems but the data is managed by FAA. - - - Any thoughts?

I am not sure it is related but I ran across this NOTAM yesterday. Is it possible the software is catching up to the revisions?

8/3277 NOTAM Details

Excerpts:

DECEMBER 20, 2018 TO DECEMBER 20, 2019
(FAA) CLASSIFIES THE AIRSPACE DEFINED IN THIS NOTAM AS 'NATIONAL DEFENSE AIRSPACE'.
PURSUANT TO 14 C.F.R. SECTION 99.7, SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS (SSI), ALL UAS FLIGHT OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED WITHIN THE AIRSPACE OVER SELECT FACILITIES, SURFACE TO 400 FEET AGL, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED FOR BELOW.
AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED AT THE FOLLOWING FAA WEBSITE: FAA UAS Data Delivery Service.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the reply, but I don't believe that was the problem. I have been able to confirm that specifically LAS VEGAS CLASS B airspace contains overlapping airspace advisories that are preventing LAANC Authorization due to an incorrect classification. (And I just thought I was going crazy.) Big shout out to the folks at AirMap for helping me track this down and furnish the confirmation.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smorse