DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Laanc?

Sady

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Im right on the outskirts of controlled airspace. Westover Airforce Base in Chicopee, Ma.. My AirMap and B4UFLY app says 100' altitude. When i request LAANC with Aloft or any other it say's preflight check failed but when i go to another controlled zone in another town and request LAANC all goes great and LAANC is approved. Why does this happen? I'm thinking Westover airbase does not want me to fly in there zone at all. Thanks for any help.

Reactions: Mrpokey
DOD airspace is not LAANC active.

The other airspace likely isn't DOD, and therefore LAANC active.

To fly in Wendover airspace, you need to go to the FAA's Drone Zone and apply for a wide area airspace authorization. You should be able to get that pretty quickly.

I will try that. The dronezone is so much more difficult to request a LAANC being i need to input minutes, seconds and east west north or south. I guess i need to research more about that. If you have any tips for me i would really appreciate it. Thanks for the help

I will try that. The dronezone is so much more difficult to request a LAANC being i need to input minutes, seconds and east west north or south. I guess i need to research more about that. If you have any tips for me i would really appreciate it. Thanks for the help
I take back what i said that dronezone is difficult. I figured out the latitude, longitude, minutes and seconds with no problem using Airmap. i submitted a LAANC to dronezone and im waiting for a reply. Does anyone know about how long it takes to get a reply from dronezone for a LAANC?

I take back what i said that dronezone is difficult. I figured out the latitude, longitude, minutes and seconds with no problem using Airmap. i submitted a LAANC to dronezone and im waiting for a reply. Does anyone know about how long it takes to get a reply from dronezone for a LAANC?
It depends on the airspace. But most DOD are pretty good at getting them approved.

Odds are, they'll require a phone call before or after the flight.

I have been cleared to fly using dronezone in controlled airspace. It took a 1/2 day and that was it. Thanks for the help.
Did they give you a wide area? Also, do you have to call and announce your flights?

Im right on the outskirts of controlled airspace. Westover Airforce Base in Chicopee, Ma.. My AirMap and B4UFLY app says 100' altitude. When i request LAANC with Aloft or any other it say's preflight check failed but when i go to another controlled zone in another town and request LAANC all goes great and LAANC is approved. Why does this happen? I'm thinking Westover airbase does not want me to fly in there zone at all. Thanks for any help.
Hey sady,funny you brought this this up, I'm just getting acquainted with all the apps and what not so, I bring up b4ufly and I see that my mother's house is in the zone for Westover but,not my condo over here next to rt 57,But, when I went to dji website geofence It's totally different picture, My mother's house isn't even in the zone anymore and it's decreased in size by a third,who's right??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3