DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Lake Superior Ice fishing Feb. 4th 2022

On the other side of the lake I see. I am over in the MI side by Sault Ste. Marie. I love taking videos of Superior, such an awesome lake. Great video and one of these days ill drag myself out on the ice to fish lol

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Is that a large crack in the ice at 2:10? Nice video, you captured some serious desolation there.

Nice video. I know it is not snowing but it looks like a white out due the the flatwhite video. Not many out fishing.

Is that a large crack in the ice at 2:10? Nice video, you captured some serious desolation there.
Yes they are called pressure ridges. Very normal. Depending on the wind they can get pretty high and hard to cross. You need to be careful to check the ice thickness near them.
Nice video. I know it is not snowing but it looks like a white out due the the flatwhite video. Not many out fishing.
Yes it was snowing. Not white out conditions but just enough to make video hard to capture. White on white is pretty hard to deal with LOL

Yes they are called pressure ridges. Very normal. Depending on the wind they can get pretty high and hard to cross. You need to be careful to check the ice thickness near them.
Huh. I didn't know pressure ridges got big enough to see from that distance. I figured they'd generally hard to see from any angle. Interesting.

Edit: having looked it up on Google, it appears I had a fundamental misunderstanding of what a pressure ridge is. they can be huge.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Very nice!

Really interesting.
Do you need a fishing licence in winter?
How do the sensors react with all that white?

Really interesting.
Do you need a fishing licence in winter?
How do the sensors react with all that white?
Yes here in Ontario we buy whats called a Outdoors card. You then buy your fishing and or hunting license as a sticker to the card. Good for depending on the number of years you buy it for.
An Outdoors Card is a plastic, wallet-sized identification card issued by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry that allows you to hunt or fish. You are required to carry this card with you at all times while hunting or fishing.

Have had no problem with the sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming