DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

landing gear

Not needed, probably takes drone overweight. Spend the money on a landing pad instead if you don't have one. Does same job.

I have some landing legs and I used to use them alot because my Air 2S sits so low. Then a friend told me about extending the fronts with a drinking straw! Cut it to size- Fits right over the OEM leg and boost the camera away from the grass. Results for different models may vary lol.

I wondered about buoyant landing gear, in the event one had to put down on water in an emergency. Could save the drone. Sounds like a good idea...
That might be a good idea in theory, for the days when you are over water, but the big problem you have there is that you have to make landing skids big and bulky enough to be buoyant whilst also not being a) in way of downward sensors b) too heavy to lift easily without compromising flight times and input response, c) be small and discrete enough to not be seen by the camera and d) not make the craft too susceptible to wind. That's a lot of conditions to fulfil to mitigate what is fairly minimal risk if you fly sensibly, and don't go too low when over the blue stuff. (Brown stuff in the case of the UK!)

Reactions: DevilsLuck
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellmorrissey