DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

landing in deep snow

franzdetroit

Reactions
New mavic pro pilot and had a quick question maybe some of you experienced. was flying about 5 ft high at about 20 mph for about 30 yrds. when i let of the throttle the mavic dropped in altitude causing it to bottom out into the snow. it was soft snow but the bottom of the drone got somewhat wet. I dried it off and seems to fly fine, I will just have to be more cautious when flying fast and low. Does this happen to anyone else. FYI I have calibrated the imu, compass, and vps using dji assistant2. it only drops altitude when i am going forward fast and let off the throttle suddenly. isit normal to expect this behavior. thanks for any help, fly safe

Yes, it will pitch forward when flying fast especially in Sport mode. Just fly it higher

Fly higher as suggested or go easy on the controls, I always try to not make sudden stick movements, a good practice if your recording for smooth look, plus, i hate the reactions my bird makes to sudden stick moves & she complains too!

Fly higher as suggested or go easy on the controls, I always try to not make sudden stick movements, a good practice if your recording for smooth look, plus, i hate the reactions my bird makes to sudden stick moves & she complains too!
thank you for your response, it was def pilot error and i need to work on slow movements for smooth video. thanks for the help

Snow will also throw off the downward sensors; another reason to fly a bit higher.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929