DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing

PoonDog

Reactions
I must have sonething screwed up in my settings. I think everything is right regarding my precision landing ,but, everytime I use return hom I will be lucky if it lands within four feet of my takeoff pad. Maybe it just dosnt like the green pad ? anyway, anybody have any thoughts?
Thanks
Dog

Precision landing is a lot about the way you take off ... I don't fly the Mavic Air, but I know that if I want a precision return on an RTH with my Mavic Pro. I need to engage the precision take-off, and then once it stabilises at 5 metres, gently push it vertical to about 10 metres (30 ft) so it gets a good view of the location before I fly off anywhere else.

FoxhallGH hit it right on the head. I was struggling with similar problems with the precision landing always being close but not always landing on the pad. I started being very careful during take off to make sure I only went straight up. No turning, no adjusting anything. Just a slow straight up and then let it sit at 30 ft or so while I check all the parameters for a the flight.

I would assume that a precision landing would work the best in a landing zone with high contrast and a complete lack of symmetry so that the image alignment algorithms don't have to guess as much..

Have yet to try this as I cannot legally fly the thing anywhere until I do my Canadian basic ops test...

Thanks guys, I'll give that a try. I only have about 1 hr. on the MA and all my previous $50/$100 drones were lucky if they hit the ground let alone the pad. Lots to learn.

I would assume that a precision landing would work the best in a landing zone with high contrast and a complete lack of symmetry so that the image alignment algorithms don't have to guess as much..

Have yet to try this as I cannot legally fly the thing anywhere until I do my Canadian basic ops test...
It works anywhere, at least on my M2P, and even w/o Precision landing, on an unmarked blacktop road, mine is always within inches. Don’t know if your stated requirements are actually needed. Try it after you pass your test.

Reactions: Shaun5150 and Porky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo