DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Las Vegas flying

Edward_Alley

Reactions
I’ve had my mini going into the second month. A friend of a friend has the mini 2. I can say that when watching the mini 2 in flight I noticed the stability first second the speed. I imagine there is no way to upgrade the mini to the mini 2 as I assume that would require DJI to upgrade if even possible. Faster motors I’m sure require software changes. I mean I just don’t know. I’ll just buy the mini 2 after some time. I really like the newest mini series from DJI. Still grasping the whole concept here though pertaining to the technology and abilities of these little drones. They are most definitely not toys. But constantly reminding myself of that does not stop the want to get out and fly every chance I can get or make. I started six years ago with the propel micro drones and still fly those as they are tiny and very hard to master because of the size and visualization issues in flight. It seems not matter how good you get it’s still very easy to lose sight of which way I rotated the **** thing and before I know it I’m watching it fly away like a bat outta hell. However I’ve only lost one and that was recent think it was mainly signal interference.
What I’m really posting this for is anyone in Las Vegas. Besides any official locations that are for Rc pilots and drones pilots alike is there anyone out here flying any cool spots? Or really just anywhere in Vegas worth checking out. Much of Vegas airspace is restricted but j am able to get unlock clearance in more locations then previously thought. Also I’ve let go of the idea of hacking the mini to be able to fly in restricted airspace I can easily get the two minute flight time before it gets it gets it gps connection until it force lands. I think I know enough to know that you can not hack the mini because of the GPS satellites it’s connected to. A ? about the mini 2 I was told it does not have those flight restrictions within its software is this correct? Can it fly in restricted airspace? Because my mini will not take off in restricted airspace. If so why would DJI do that make the mini with restrictions but not the mini 2? Thanks for reading and for any responses.

...about the mini 2 I was told it does not have those flight restrictions within its software is this correct? Can it fly in restricted airspace? Because my mini will not take off in restricted airspace...
Both Mini (all DJI...) models are restricted out from the DJI FLYSafe material (which is derived from US official sources) ... which usually is loaded into the AC itself. They are equal restricted, no difference at all.

You can check the DJI FLYSafe maps on your computer here --> Geo Zone Map - Fly Safe - DJI

1612468282456.png

Both Mini (all DJI...) models are restricted out from the DJI FLYSafe material (which is derived from US official sources) ... which usually is loaded into the AC itself. They are equal restricted, no difference at all.

You can check the DJI FLYSafe maps on your computer here --> Geo Zone Map - Fly Safe - DJI

View attachment 123113

No that’s awesome actually. That is the answer I was hoping for more or less. I don’t need any thing extra no apps the DJI fly app or whatever it comes with does everything so I mean now I’ve found the camera features follow
me all that it seem really unnecessary to use and or even suggest any other app. As it stands alone my mavic mini apparently including the case and my attention to placing it back in storage case blah blah blah... updated firmware I’m fine. I was prepared for the attitude mode I watched dude from flytpath all attitude mode means is the sensors on the bottom are not sensing under itself as those are it’s only two sensors that help it avoid objects only underneath it. It never stays in atti mode unless you change your controller channel to manual.

It took over a year to gather all this info on the mini and when I finally bought the mini 2 comes out the next day as if this information was somehow kept from just me. Kinda feels that way.
I didn’t know nor was I following anything.
Either way I’m very happy with it

My last and final question if I may?
Okay: cold weather conditions
How cold is to cold for the mini in flight?
48 degrees and about 15 min of flight it’s not at all warm when I land it. That kinda concerned me cause it’s usually really warm???
Again thanks for all response’s

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu