DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Las Vegas

omahajoe

Reactions
I am planning a trip to Las Vegas in December. I will be taking my drone. I have two questions:

1. My research has shown me it is OK to take a drone (I have a Mavic Air 2) on an airplane as long as you put it in your carry-on luggage. Is that correct? (I am flying with Spirit).
2. I am aware that flying a drone anywhere near the Las Vegas Strip is not allowed, but does anyone know of any interesting places relatively close to Las Vegas where I can fly my drone legally?

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks.

NV 167, E of Vegas. Lots of great scenery out there and no restrictions that I'm aware of.

Also, NV 159 towards Red Rock Canyon.

1. My research has shown me it is OK to take a drone (I have a Mavic Air 2) on an airplane as long as you put it in your carry-on luggage. Is that correct? (I am flying with Spirit).
There are no rules about the drone, but your batteries have to be in your carry-on.

I will also be in Vegas next week for work and am hoping to get some Vegas aerials. Is it not possible to shoot anywhere on the strip? Even at low altitude? I won't have a vehicle so my ability to travel will be limited outside of using an uber/taxi to go fly somewhere.
Likely not. Im saying this without checking the chart so dont beat me up too much. Keep in mind the strip is next to the airport and there is a huge amount of air traffic. Dont forget about the sightseeing helicopter tours on constant rotation.

Reactions: Aerophile
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143