DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Pilots & Operators: Elevate Critical Infrastructure Security with Your Insights

Anja K.

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Dear UAV Pilots and Operators,

Your expertise is essential to a study focused on UAVs and critical infrastructure security. Your insights can help shape the integration and strategic use of UAV technology. As a token of appreciation for your time, participants will have the chance to win exclusive prizes:
  • 1 ticket to the COMMERCIAL UAV EXPO, Las Vegas (September 3-5, 2024).
  • 1 ticket to AMSTERDAM DRONE WEEK, Amsterdam (April 16-18, 2024).
Why Participate?
  • Influence and Impact: Your experiences will directly inform vital UAV deployment strategies.
  • Efficient and Confidential: Completing the survey requires 8 minutes, with strict adherence to confidentiality.
CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE SURVEY

Your insights are invaluable to advancing UAV technology's role in protecting our critical infrastructure. Thank you for considering this opportunity to contribute to meaningful research and for the chance to win.

Warm regards,
Anja Kolak

More about the research

Reactions: clackey
Interesting that the use of drones concerning the delivery of 'critical infrastructure security' is the objective, (I clicked on the "more about the research" link) so why ask people who use drones from a mainly recreational perspective to provide information?... unless the gathered data is used to build a strategy map that includes active surveillance to mitigate against "unauthorized" drone flight.
If (as with Altitude Angel) the concept is to limit unmonitored and unpermissioned overflight of assets (anything shoveled arbitrarily into the 'critical infrastructure' catch-all definition) you should be honest from the outset and engage with people from that standpoint.

Last edited:
unless the gathered data is used to build a strategy map that includes active surveillance to mitigate against "unauthorized" drone flight.
If (as with Altitude Angel) the concept is to limit unmonitored and unpermissioned overflight of assets (anything shoveled arbitrarily into the 'critical infrastructure' catch-all definition) you should be honest from the outset and engage with people from that standpoint.
You are far from the mark with your supposition.
The survey is regarding the use of drones for inspection, maintenance etc.
It has nothing to do with the kind of "security" you have guessed.

Reactions: Torque and Anja K.
Interesting that the use of drones concerning the delivery of 'critical infrastructure security' is the objective, (I clicked on the "more about the research" link) so why ask people who use drones from a mainly recreational perspective to provide information?... unless the gathered data is used to build a strategy map that includes active surveillance to mitigate against "unauthorized" drone flight.
Hello Felix le Chat, thank you for your comment.

Your question reflects an important consideration regarding the inclusion of both professional and recreational drone users in research focused on critical infrastructure security. UAVs have been identified as a pivotal technological tool for the protection of Critical Infrastructure, due to their flexibility and comprehensive capabilities. Nonetheless, the mere presence of such technology does not automatically ensure its successful integration into critical infrastructure protection strategies.
The main aim of my research is to explore how user acceptance and the use of UAVs might impact their effective deployment in safeguarding critical infrastructure. This includes understanding that technology adoption does not inherently guarantee success or added value to operational processes.

Key research questions include:
  1. Impact of Unsuccessful UAV Implementation: Investigating whether unsuccessful UAV deployment could inadvertently increase risks to CI.
  2. Factors Influencing UAV Acceptance: Analyzing the key factors, based on the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology (UTAUT) model, that affect the acceptance and use of UAVs in CI and the reasons behind users' decisions.
  3. Additional Influential Factors: Identifying other crucial factors not covered by the UTAUT model that may impact UAV acceptance and use in CI protection.
  4. Sector-Specific Suitability: Determining which sectors of critical infrastructure are most suited for UAV protection and understanding the reasons for their suitability.
By engaging a wide array of UAV users, including those from recreational backgrounds, the research aims to gather diverse perspectives that could enrich the understanding of UAVs' societal and operational impacts, promoting a more holistic approach to their integration into critical infrastructure protection strategies.

Any UAV user can fill out the survey, but in the processing and development of the new model, I will include only operators with licenses. As stated in the instructions for the draw, only operators with certificates will be eligible to participate in the prize draw.

Dear Pilots, and Operators!
Kind reminder: If you haven't yet, please take a moment to contribute to my UAV & critical infrastructure security survey. Your expertise is crucial, and you'll have the chance to win tickets to top UAV events.
Your input matters greatly!

you can win
Why Participate?
  • Influence and Impact: Your experiences will directly inform vital UAV deployment strategies.
  • Efficient and Confidential: Completing the survey requires 8 minutes, with strict adherence to confidentiality.

THANK YOU!
Best, Anja

Dear UAV Pilots and Operators,

I are currently finalizing my research on UAV in critical infrastructure protection and missing approximately 20 survey responses to ensure a comprehensive analysis. Your contribution is vital.

Opportunity to Win:
Participate to enter a draw for:
Why Your Participation Matters:
  • Direct Impact: Your insights will help shape effective UAV deployment strategies in critical infrastructure.
  • Efficiency and Confidentiality: The survey takes only 8 minutes and is conducted with the utmost respect for your privacy.

Thank you for your valuable time and input.

Best regards,Anja

Hi everyone,

Just a kind reminder from my side, 15 days left to enter the draw and help by sharing your insights on UAV use in critical infrastructure protection.

It would mean a lot to me if you could spare just 8 minutes to complete the survey. Your expertise is invaluable and can significantly contribute to important research in our field.

As a token of appreciation, your completed survey will enter you into a draw for a chance to win tickets to the Commercial UAV Expo in Las Vegas or Amsterdam Drone Week.

I really appreciate your time and insights. Thank you in advance for your valuable contribution.

THANK YOU!

Kind regards, Anja

Dear UAVs pilots, operators!

There are just 2 days left until the draw deadline (ticket for the Commercial UAV Expo in Las Vegas or Amsterdam Drone Week), and I am specifically seeking 10 more certified pilots to provide insights for my survey on UAV usage in critical infrastructure sectors.

Your expertise, especially if you're involved in energy, telecommunications, transportation, emergency services, or water system sectors, is invaluable. The survey is brief, requiring only about 8 minutes of your time, yet it could significantly contribute to advancing our collective knowledge in these essential areas.

To express my appreciation, I want to remind you that by completing this survey, you'll not only contribute valuable data but also get the chance to win tickets to the Commercial UAV Expo in Las Vegas or Amsterdam Drone Week.

Your participation is crucial to the success of this research, and I deeply appreciate your time and insights.

Click here to take the survey.

BIG THANK YOU and warmest regards, Anja

If you are interested, the UAV survey closes in 5 hours – this is your last opportunity to join and enter the raffle! Kind regards and good luck to all of you who have joined.
Anja

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne