DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest firmware

britdub

Reactions
Not keen on the latest update all manual photo settings are now a slider plus twice the app crashed to a blank screen leaving me needing clean underwear, I had to just hit the rth button

Tried it once for MA2. No problems on a factory reset/dedicated Samsung S7. Still have 1.2.4 on Samsung S9. Just in case. I don't need or want fpv, air 2s, etc...functionality. Just adds more crap (resource usage) I would probably never use. I have been very happy since 1.2.4. MA2 will be the only DJI product I will ever have.

UPDATE: 2nd try, had some major video lag/freeze, unless it offers some new ma2 functionality and no bugs, ima gonna stay with 1.2.4 pre FPV.. I'll get use to the "not now" startup option.

Last edited:
Not keen on the latest update all manual photo settings are now a slider plus twice the app crashed to a blank screen leaving me needing clean underwear, I had to just hit the rth button
Always best to "not fix it if it ain't broke!" Unless you have a very compelling reason to update, don't! Why ruin a perfectly working setup? It's like jumping out of perfectly good aircraft in a parachute! Lots of stuff can go horribly wrong!

Always best to "not fix it if it ain't broke!" Unless you have a very compelling reason to update, don't! Why ruin a perfectly working setup? It's like jumping out of perfectly good aircraft in a parachute! Lots of stuff can go horribly wrong!
Sometimes, but some of the updates DO help. Having an update that is more Air2S'ish seems like asking for trouble when us Air2 peeps don't have one. I'll stay where I am for right now - 1 update down.

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
With this firmware, I cannot even connect to my aircraft. I was flying it before the firmware notification. I went ahead and updated the firmware. Right now, the controller and M2P can communicate, but I am not able to link the app to the aircraft for whatever reason... anyone experiencing this issue beside myself or am I not aware of an important step that I need to know now? Any help is appreciate in advance.

With this firmware, I cannot even connect to my aircraft. I was flying it before the firmware notification. I went ahead and updated the firmware. Right now, the controller and M2P can communicate, but I am not able to link the app to the aircraft for whatever reason... anyone experiencing this issue beside myself or am I not aware of an important step that I need to know now? Any help is appreciate in advance.

It’s not the aircraft that the app is connecting to, it is the controller. All communication goes via the controller and that may be where the issue lays.

It’s not the aircraft that the app is connecting to, it is the controller. All communication goes via the controller and that may be where the issue lays.
Any chance you know what I can do to resolve this issue? I've been dealing with it last night and this evening. I'm not getting anywhere with this,

What type of phone/tablet device are you using with the controller? iOS/Android?

Are you up-to-date with the Fly App version?

Firmware updates often default to factory settings that you had previously set that are stored on the controller or aircraft and will need checking once you regain connection.

What type of phone/tablet device are you using with the controller? iOS/Android?

Firmware updates often default to factory settings that you had previously set that are stored on the controller or aircraft and will need checking once you regain connection.

I am using iPhone 12 Max Pro. The DJI Go 4 app is updated, yes. I am not getting any connection in the app at all. I installed assistant 2 on my laptop and i tried refreshing the recent firmware on my drone which is v01.00.0770. The percentage has been sitting at 0% in the last 15 minutes...

Quick Updates: DJI Assistant 2 failed. I unplugged and plugged the USB back in and now it is refreshing the firmware and it is at 6% now. It is working this time. Let’s see what happen afterward.

Update is so far, so good, on the Samsung A51. No issues from my end.

Just getting used to the slider. There are other change is the new information pop-out if you press the SD card icon. Photo and video on-screen information also looks a bit changed but I have not tinkered with it.

Other than that, I have not noticed any other signifacant changes in the screen functions so far.

Quick Updates: DJI Assistant 2 failed. I unplugged and plugged the USB back in and now it is refreshing the firmware and it is at 6% now. It is working this time. Let’s see what happen afterward.

That’s happened to me a couple of times, even time outs depending on how DJI’s server is responding.

Do you have access to another iPhone/iPad you can test with? Same too with a different cable?

Just want to rule out any coincidental hardware issues.

Last edited:
That’s happened to me a couple of times, even time outs depending on how DJI’s server is responding.

Do you have access to another iPhone/iPad you can test with? Same too with a different cable?

Just want to rule out any coincidental hardware issues.
Good morning from Phoenix, AZ ! I tried 3 other cables as I presumed it might've been the cable since I had left it loose connected in the past and it wasn't the cable at all. I have an iPhone 8+ and it was my last phone before the iPhone 12. I can give it a try and see if it makes a difference.

Let me explain what happen. I was at a lake over the weekend flying my drone. I brought it down and decided to go ahead and update the firmware at the lake. It took about 20-30 minutes to update and I could connect the aircraft with the controller but the DJI Go app was showing disconnected and wouldn't link to the aircraft.

You keep talking about the DJI Go app but this is a Mavic Air 2 forum and the MA2 uses the DJI Fly app.

What am I missing here?

Ahh, I see it now. I'm new in this group and not a savvy forum crawler. I typed in the keyword "firmware" and it brought me here. Now I know where to go. Thank you for pointing it out.
Your welcome. Good luck with your issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi