DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

latest Rules on flying in the USA (Is registration still needed)

Randall8686

Reactions
Hi All

I am hoping someone can clarify this for me. I am travelling to the US in August. I plan on taking my Mavic 2 Pro. I will be stopping in Vegas (hardly any where to fly around there) and then onto Hawaii (quite a few good locations) and then into San Francisco (again very few places) however i dont want any issues going through customs with my M2P so i plan on taking my public liability insurance and printing out whatever rules/guides i can find to smooth this process just in case i get the awkward immigration officer. Having traveled to the US with some electronic samples in the past i have met some very awkward immigration officers.

Do i need to register the drone? I have seen reports saying yes and others saying not any more and people are entitled to refunds. I am happy to pay the small fee if it helps out with a easy flight etc. Anyone have any experience taking a Drone into the US? I am from the UK so not coming from North Korea so getting into the US is fairly painless as a person.

What do i need to and should i not do to make this easy?

Reactions: Scottdt21
So Yes i need to register but there are changes coming that might be in effect by August. I think i will just register a month before i go and if the changes happen by then quickly do it again Thanks for the posts guys

So Yes i need to register but there are changes coming that might be in effect by August. I think i will just register a month before i go and if the changes happen by then quickly do it again Thanks for the posts guys
Changes are planned for Sept 2019 per FAA. They are notoriously delayed in most things.
State regs for the U.S. can be found here;

Reactions: Scottdt21
Changes are planned for Sept 2019 per FAA. They are notoriously delayed in most things.
State regs for the U.S. can be found here;

Great source of information! Was always unclear on the mechanics of taking the test but called the local testing center, got the number for PSI, and registered with them. Now, all I have to do is study and call PSI back to schedule the test, pay the $150 testing site fee and go take the test. PSI’s number is 800-211-2753

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe