DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lawmakers Call for Declassification of National Security Risks Posed by Chinese-Made Drones

Here's another perspective:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Wow
Reactions: careless
'Further, the bulletin warned that DJI-established applications, when used with their UAS hardware, collect GPS locations and photographs taken by the device, register facial recognition data even when the system is off, and upload information to cloud storage located in Taiwan and Hong Kong, to which our foremost adversary, the Chinese Communist Party, almost certainly has access.'

'Further, the bulletin warned that DJI-established applications, when used with their UAS hardware, collect GPS locations and photographs taken by the device, register facial recognition data even when the system is off, and upload information to cloud storage located in Taiwan and Hong Kong, to which our foremost adversary, the Chinese Communist Party, almost certainly has access.'

In the letter, Representative Rodgers did not make the claim about facial recognition. She was asking to have some information declassified.

The facial recognition claims were from a 2017 document, https://info.publicintelligence.net/ICE-DJI-China.pdf, that was in the footnotes for this document. The facial recognition was on Android for the DJI Go and Sky Pixels apps. The author of that document probably confused Android's biometric authentication with features they incorrectly assumed were part of the apps.

Rodgers also lumped Autel Robotics in with DJI. If the DJI sanctions go into law, Autel will be next in the crosshairs.

Reactions: MS Coast
In the letter, Representative Rodgers did not make the claim about facial recognition. She was asking to have some information declassified.

The facial recognition claims were from a 2017 document, https://info.publicintelligence.net/ICE-DJI-China.pdf, that was in the footnotes for this document. The facial recognition was on Android for the DJI Go and Sky Pixels apps. The author of that document probably confused Android's biometric authentication with features they incorrectly assumed were part of the apps.

Rodgers also lumped Autel Robotics in with DJI. If the DJI sanctions go into law, Autel will be next in the crosshairs.
The Congress members here are quoting a 2017 'alert' written by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) —the investigative component of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Which makes it all the more ridiculous, because they're basing their letter on a letter from 2017 warning of a supposed facial-recognition ability in early dji drones, let alone those made today.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Oh no the Chinese now know exactly what the Petersons look like! Not only that but they have the EXACT position where their daughter said yes to her true love!
I for one am concerned.- After all Bills homemade gas and wedding emporium is a hard venue to get without adding all those Chinese couples trying to get a reservation themselves. Not to mention all the TOP SECRET Data that can be gained from dissecting Jamie and Franks Nuptials.

Reactions: Andy carley
You guys are losing it; keep it together! (This includes me)

I know there's a lot of pressure but don't forget....YOU loved Congress when they were creating these ridiculous drone laws in the name of safety, have you forgotten?

You can't become all indignant when they start coming after you after you've looked away while they were going after everyone else.

I uploaded several pictures of Nancy Pelosi to the SD card in my drone, then turned the drone on. Several minutes later, it was reported that two mainframes in China blew up and several techs were severely injured.

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
You guys are losing it; keep it together! (This includes me)

I know there's a lot of pressure but don't forget....YOU loved Congress when they were creating these ridiculous drone laws in the name of safety, have you forgotten?

You can't become all indignant when they start coming after you after you've looked away while they were going after everyone else.
futurama-fry.gif

Another interesting video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spiekarski