DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Learned something new today

Hi new to here if it’s a funny story you want,I read all the manual I also thought a flight indoors would be good ,so here we go nice take off, hover the room filled with smoke wow then realised I live I a home with a open fire the drone sucked the smoke back down chimney my better half was not impressed so if you want your chimney swept have a go

Reactions: Test pilot
This post started off funny and I can relate, then people got too serious.
Since no one gave you a funny/entertaining story, here is my story.
I was testing out the tracker under trees. For I'm going on a hike through some beautiful scenery and want to get a feel for how it tracks with trees around.
It did awesome and as long as I kept it under the branches. But then...
I'd tell it but the video is better.
FYI, It says 10 seconds to RTH. I hit OK instead of CANCEL. The OK sends it home NOW!!!
Check out the link
Interesting how many “oh sh_ _” moments could be avoided with a simple only fly till the battery is at 25/30 %. Hard lessons. Carry on.

I was testing out the tracker under trees. For I'm going on a hike through some beautiful scenery and want to get a feel for how it tracks with trees around.
FYI, It says 10 seconds to RTH. I hit OK instead of CANCEL. The OK sends it home NOW!!!
Check out the link
Ohhh that sucks! I will say it’s confusing when it does that.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I once did some flight duration tests with different prop sets. I did a finger-swipe take-off and then just set 'Altitude hold' and left the Mavic to hover 'till the battery ran out. Interesting thing was it never gave a return to home-point warning (as it was hovering a couple of metres above it), and just descended & auto-landed back on the mat when the battery got to zero. If you are wanting to run a battery out, that seems to be a good way to do it!

I was 17 and just bought a Triumph TR-3A which had a bad gear box. I found a used good gear box from a burned out TR3 and swapped them out. Next was a dead battery so I started charging it, opening the vents on the old battery to off gas, but I was new to all things cars. I went back out later in the autumn evening to check to see if the battery was in fact charging. You could hear or see the bubbling acid if it was charging. It was dark and I could not find a torch/flash light, so I found a lighter and went out with that. I leaned over the engine compartment and put my face right over the battery.

I flicked the lighter to get the flame to give me some light and as soon as it sparked... BOOM !!!!!, right in my face. It knocked me right back on my a$$ and felt like a dozen hands had slapped me in the face very hard. Not that I have ever had a dozen hands slap me in the face, but I was thinking that must be what it would feel like. Burned off my eyebrows and a bit of my hair but thank goodness it did not do any damage to my eyes, but my face felt like a bad sunburn for a few days.

I thought to myself..., this was a chemistry lesson, battery acid fumes are explosive, so keep all flame away from such fumes, for ever more. Boy I was lucky that evening, battery was definitely charging.
Hydrogen gas

I "spose I'll just have
to be 'patient' and wait for the next sunny day....
Moral of the story ??? >>>>>>>>>>>>> "READ THE MANUAL" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Anyone else have an interesting / funny tale / anecdote they would care to share w/ the rest of us ??????
lol - get a Spark they fly pretty good inside.
Better yet get a micro drone like the Sky Viper m550 - those things are a hoot , won't hurt anything and will for dang sure help your ATTI skills for when you might need them.

Check out the link

Yeah, I don't quite have this figured out myself. See TWO settings. One says return to home at current altitude- that's on and then another that has return to home height set at 30 meters. Once in my backyard it looked like the drone was returning home at the altitude I had it at when I hit the button. But MOST times it seems to shoot WAY up there and do it's return to home thing. Not sure why. Funny video though!

Check out the link

Don't you just hate it when you video yourself doing something stupid? Good thing I don't turn my camera on a lot... LOL!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo