DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LED Strobe Lights for Drone use

Ice_Man_CPRA

Reactions
Hello,

We are trying to get some LED lights for our Mavic 2 Pro, but have noticed that most of the available strobes seem to be prone to weather damage. Does anyone have any advice for weatherproofing the LEDs, or if a weatherproof light already exists? We are hesitant to commit to buying the lights until we know it will serve our purposes.

At the moment, we are favoring the Firehouse ARC 2, but are looking into solid alternatives as well.

Thanks,

Ice Man

You could use an electronics grade clear silicone sealant but how are you going to protect the M2P? It is not weatherproof and is prone to weather damage.

Edit: I have not used this product and do not know if the strobe electronics need air exposure to prevent overheating. Perhaps a note to the strobe manufacturer asking their advice would be in order.

Reactions: Ice_Man_CPRA
You could use an electronics grade clear silicone sealant but how are you going to protect the M2P? It is not weatherproof and is prone to weather damage.
I agree. The drone itself is not meant to be used in the rain. Was mainly concerned with splashing or high humidity since I am in the swamps of south Louisiana. The exposed nature of most of the LED's on the market has me feeling nervous about the durability. Silicone sealant sounds like it could do the trick, though!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard