DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Left Prop in Frame

ntpd

Reactions
d981840c0f6c143809719f81760c4316.jpg

As you can see in attached photo, I tend to see the left prop in frame - especially when flying in Sport Mode - expected behavior or anyway to fix?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think your gimbal yaw might be off, but it could be due to either mechanical or control causes.

With power off, flip the drone upside down and check if the gimbal looks centered and straight, relative to the rest of the aircraft. Are all of the gimbal mounts neatly attached by black bands, and tucked under the body's retaining tabs?

Put your drone on a table and initialize it as if ready to fly. Look closely at the gimbal after it is done with its self-check. Does it look straight ahead?

With your controller, tilt the gimbal all the way down. Does it droop to one side as it travels the tilt direction, or does it tilt in line with the aircraft centerline the whole way?

I have seen that but was flying in a crosswind and going around 20 mph .

I think your gimbal yaw might be off, but it could be due to either mechanical or control causes.

With power off, flip the drone upside down and check if the gimbal looks centered and straight, relative to the rest of the aircraft. Are all of the gimbal mounts neatly attached by black bands, and tucked under the body's retaining tabs?

Put your drone on a table and initialize it as if ready to fly. Look closely at the gimbal after it is done with its self-check. Does it look straight ahead?

With your controller, tilt the gimbal all the way down. Does it droop to one side as it travels the tilt direction, or does it tilt in line with the aircraft centerline the whole way?

Thanks. I'll have to try to check this out. It's not consistent. Seems to only appear when I'm moving quickly.

There may be an ever so slight tilt - hard for me to be sure. Can I do a gimbal calibration to adjust? Can that be done indoors (without flying)?

d981840c0f6c143809719f81760c4316.jpg

As you can see in attached photo, I tend to see the left prop in frame - especially when flying in Sport Mode - expected behavior or anyway to fix?

Thanks!

Same problem for me but I think that's normal behavior.

If I fly in sports mode and turn a bit the prop cuts the view. I guess it's fine since the angle is so steep. (No problems in P mode)

This problem is much worth with the Phantom and I think they did a good job fixing it for the Mavic.

Reviving this post.. I'm getting some left prop in the picture as well. Always the left one, and I was also getting a too high wind warning, though I can't remember if that happened at the same time or a little while later, but in the same area during the same flight. During that bit of flight I noticed it often when I turned sharply left and the suddenly stop, the prop would appear for a second.

I'm also getting the too high wind warning nearly every time I fly in this location. Maybe it's just the way the land is there and it's creating a bit of a wind tunnel. A block away where I live it can feel like no wind, no tree movement, then down at the beach it feels a little breezy but still no tree movement, and then 70 meters (229ft) up it gives me the wind warning, but aside from the props in the image (and maybe this is also the cause of my jello the other times) it was fully under my control, I didn't feel like it was drifting or I had to fight the wind at all. So how do we know if it's relatively safe to ignore the wind warning or not? It seems like it should be telling us how hard it's fighting the wind so we know how important it is to attempt fly back vs continuing on our flight then.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 11.12.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 11.12.51 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 23
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fotcs