DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Left Side Landing Gear Broken

BILLY954

Reactions
I cracked one of my Platinum Pro Landing gear - the left side only - in a very minor bump against a tree. What’s strange is... I know 5 or 6 other people who also have cracked just the LEFT landing gear on their platinums. Even stranger all the cracks are in the exact same place. I have tried and failed to find a replacement for the platinum’s left leg and had to put an original darker gray one on. While it works... it just looks ridiculous. I’ve tried Amazon, E Bay, Craigs list and even drove 50 miles to a Drone store. When I got there I discovered that even their display Mavic Platinum had the left leg broken and replaced with a dark gray leg from an original Mavic LOL !
I contacted DJI and they said “we don’t have or even sell that part”. On eBay I could buy an entire left arm with the motor but it’s $40 or $50 and I only need the small $5 plastic leg. This has been very frustrating and wished I could find a resolution. Can anyone out there help ?

Attachments

• 785B9FB0-1961-4F71-8E38-DEFF0EDB3052.jpeg
    785B9FB0-1961-4F71-8E38-DEFF0EDB3052.jpeg
    797.8 KB · Views: 26
  • E7D6A58F-403C-4338-A834-224CAA367E49.jpeg
    E7D6A58F-403C-4338-A834-224CAA367E49.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
I cracked one of my Platinum Pro Landing gear - the left side only - in a very minor bump against a tree. What’s strange is... I know 5 or 6 other people who also have cracked just the LEFT landing gear on their platinums. Even stranger all the cracks are in the exact same place. I have tried and failed to find a replacement for the platinum’s left leg and had to put an original darker gray one on. While it works... it just looks ridiculous. I’ve tried Amazon, E Bay, Craigs list and even drove 50 miles to a Drone store. When I got there I discovered that even their display Mavic Platinum had the left leg broken and replaced with a dark gray leg from an original Mavic LOL !
I contacted DJI and they said “we don’t have or even sell that part”. On eBay I could buy an entire left arm with the motor but it’s $40 or $50 and I only need the small $5 plastic leg. This has been very frustrating and wished I could find a resolution. Can anyone out there help ?
I would see if @Thunderdrones has any in stock.

Reactions: Former Member

Mine also cracked the left side leg after I ended up in a tree. I used a scalpel to make a v groove along the crack as much as possible. I then used cyanoacrelate glue and filling powder to glue it back together. I then trimmed it back down to look better.20180621_231742.jpg

...had to put an original darker gray one on. While it works... it just looks ridiculous...
You could try painting both legs with a contrasting color. It might turn out looking cool!

I just found out that DJI has opened its first ever store in Miami. I’ll be going there to see if they can help me out.

Mine also cracked the left side leg after I ended up in a tree. I used a scalpel to make a v groove along the crack as much as possible. I then used cyanoacrelate glue and filling powder to glue it back together. I then trimmed it back down to look better.View attachment 40566

That looks GREAT. Way better then mine. I wish I had any idea what all those BIG words were ! LOL !

Here’s an idea...
If I sent you mine and $5.00 would you fix it for me ?

I ordered these parts from Amazon to replace both the left and right front landing gear;
EEEkit Landing Gear for Dji Mavic Pro, Left/Right Front/Back Rear Arm Landing Gear for Quadcopters Helicopter Aircraft (Right Front) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C6FHY7N?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

That’s the same one I ordered. It’s DARK GRAY and NOT platinum colored. See my pics above. It’s the color of an original Mavic Pro. I need the silvery shiny platinum colored one. The leg fits and works perfectly... just looks goofy !
Thanks anyway

Reactions: Ripper7620
That’s the same one I ordered. It’s DARK GRAY and NOT platinum colored. See my pics above. It’s the color of an original Mavic Pro. I need the silvery shiny platinum colored one. The leg fits and works perfectly... just looks goofy !
Thanks anyway
Yes, that's correct, it's the Mavic Pro replacement leg, as I was unable to find a MPP version. I just made the decision that it was a more solid choice than a glue job.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato