DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lenovo Tab 4 Plus 8

BLZeebub

Reactions
I finally decided to buy a tablet as the Galaxy Note 8 i have is good but my old eyes need a bigger screen for the drone! So far, so good. Yes, the screen is not ideal in bright sun, si im hoping a hood and anti-glare protector should sort that but it's far easier to see what's going on with the larger 8" screen. I went for the Plus as it has a slightly quicker CPU and more RAM as i'm guessing the DJI Go app will only get more bloated over time so the savings for the non-plus version may well have been a false economy.

B-)

Does it fit in the controller? or do you need to buy a mount?

I use mine in a mount and then i can use a lanyard off the mount to hang round my neck. B-)

Reactions: psloan
Yep, it fits.

Really? I can barely fit my Google Pixel XL2 in there - I can't imagine fitting a 8" tablet! Do you have a picture of that by any chance? I am just curious.

The Tab 8 also has GPS which is nice - unlike every apple device unless it is the 3G/LTE model which most people don't have.

That's what I use but I use a mount. Surprised it'll fit in the arms securely

Wow, thanks guys - good to know that is an option. I would have never guessed you could fit a Tab 8 Plus. I imagine you have to take the cable out of the guide to make it fit? Or is it perfectly centered in the 'claws' of the controller?

I just got a MA, first drone. I use the Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus with this mount with the included lanyard and it works great.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0785HKLDD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1N.gBb7M330JT

The screen is plenty bright You just need to turn off auto and slide it full bright. I've found that for whatever reason it's brighter with auto off even though the slider shows full right.

In my opinion the anti glare screen protector is a must.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073V8KRGH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mR.gBbTN128PW

Overall I am very happy with the tablet. I replaced my Nexus 7 with it and it's an improvement all around. It's not a rocketship but it does everything I throw at it. Litchi and DJI Go run great

Cheers

I just got a MA, first drone. I use the Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus with this mount with the included lanyard and it works great.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0785HKLDD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1N.gBb7M330JT

The screen is plenty bright You just need to turn off auto and slide it full bright. I've found that for whatever reason it's brighter with auto off even though the slider shows full right.

In my opinion the anti glare screen protector is a must.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073V8KRGH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mR.gBbTN128PW

Overall I am very happy with the tablet. I replaced my Nexus 7 with it and it's an improvement all around. It's not a rocketship but it does everything I throw at it. Litchi and DJI Go run great

Cheers
Thanks for the info. Do you need another USB cord? If so which works well?

Just bought the tab 4 8 plus too, easier to use than the s9+ but not had a proper fly yet, so we will see

Just bought the tab 4 8 plus too, easier to use than the s9+ but not had a proper fly yet, so we will see
ive got the S9+, considering getting the tab 4 plus as well so i can have a bigger screen. how's the flying going? how is it in direct sunlight?

Yeah works great, however the screen is not as bright as the S9+ in most conditions it's fine. Direct sunlight CAN be an issue though (as it can with any non-Samsun OLED screen), Tried iPad mini (friends) to see if it was worth going that way, and it's no better, possibly a little worse in fact. I'm going to get an anti glare screen cover as that will pretty much solve the issue I think as it's mostly glare that's the problem.

I'm rocking a galaxy tab 3 8.0

Does the trick. Got a nice hard case on Amazon. Working up to buying a mavmount since my economy model is loose. And smaller.

I don't use a mount, I just use it in the controller arms directly, would probably work better with a mount, but I cannot be bothered to carry one around, likewise screen covers, not found one yet I like / can be bothered to carry around.

I've got a matte screen protector but in the harsh light of day we are currently suffering in the UK it can be difficult to see even when the brightness is maxed out - nothing a bit of shade wont solve so i reckon ill look for a screen shade. It's much easier working with a bigger screen though.
B-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000