DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lenovo Tab 4 TB-8504F

bobshe

Reactions
Hi, Drone Pilots
Has anyone tried this cheap Tablet to fly the Mavic Mini? Lenovo Tab 4 TB-8504F Will the App "JDI Fly" load on the Tablet and work?
if so how does the Mini Fly with it? I know it is a 64-bit Processor so hopefully, it might work.
I would be grateful for any info if anyone could help me out.

Hi, Drone Pilots
Has anyone tried this cheap Tablet to fly the Mavic Mini? Lenovo Tab 4 TB-8504F Will the App "JDI Fly" load on the Tablet and work?
if so how does the Mini Fly with it? I know it is a 64-bit Processor so hopefully, it might work.
I would be grateful for any info if anyone could help me out.
I have never used the Lenovo Tab. I do believe I saw a post a few weeks back with someone saying it works fine. You might want to scan back a few weeks in the posts. You also might want to check posts that update devices that work with the MM. Anyways the 64 bit meets the FLY app requirement.

There are a lot of inquiries about which tablets/phones work with the Fly app. Just because other DJI apps work doesn't mean the Fly will run. Here's some important info I think is correct that I posted in another thread. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The DJI Fly app needs the processor to have ARM 8 (ARM64) and not all 64 bit chips have it. The other DJI apps don't need the ARM 8 to run but DJI Fly does and that's why many tablets don't work with the mini, even if they have a 64 bit processor.

For instance, that's why the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 has the be the SM-T290 North American model as it has the Qualcomm processor which has , you guessed it, the ARM 8. Again please correct me if I'm wrong.

There are a lot of inquiries about which tablets/phones work with the Fly app. Just because other DJI apps work doesn't mean the Fly will run. Here's some important info I think is correct that I posted in another thread. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The DJI Fly app needs the processor to have ARM 8 (ARM64) and not all 64-bit chips have it. The other DJI apps don't need the ARM 8 to run but DJI Fly does and that's why many tablets don't work with the mini, even if they have a 64-bit processor.

For instance, that's why the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 has the be the SM-T290 North American model as it has the Qualcomm processor which has, you guessed it, the ARM 8. Again please correct me if I'm wrong.

I went and bought the Lenovo Tab 4 TB-8504f this morning and after some research found that it is a 64-bit Android system and it DOES run the DJI Fly App quite well.
I have not had a chance to actually fly the Mini with it yet but I have connected it to the Tablet vie the controller and it seems to carry out all the functions up to but not as yet taking off (I haven't as yet tried to fly it as I haven't been out of the house today. Everything seems to be OK. I am happily surprised as the Tablet is quite old 2017 but does have a 64-bit CPU and 64-bit Android system. Not bad for just £59 from eBay. (New Other).

I'm using the Lenovo Tab4 to fly my Air 2, so far so good. The only issue is the AirMap seems incompatible with this tablet. Airmap will crash whenever the DJI Fly is on.

Are you guys still using the same tablet? I just bought a Lenovo TB8504f and when I click on 'GO FLY' it the screen is black for the camera and it crashes. Everything else before that (album,etc) works. Any idea? It has Android 8 on it and both apps updated.
I have Air 2S

Are you guys still using the same tablet? I just bought a Lenovo TB8504f and when I click on 'GO FLY' it the screen is black for the camera and it crashes. Everything else before that (album,etc) works. Any idea? It has Android 8 on it and both apps updated.
I have Air 2S
I have the same tablet and the exact same problem as you. Perhaps you found a solution to this problem with the work of DJI FLY?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121