DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lens/Camera Problem

khooper802

Reactions
Hi everyone, I do not have a sample video, but I'm sure if you have flown your drone in the sun you know the issue of there being bright or dark flickering lines across the camera from the direction of the sun. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks!

OK, maybe try a filter. I have seen reports/video's of Mavics with almost unusable footage, then putting on say ND8 fixed it?
Dunno, maybe put up a vid of your symptoms?

OK, maybe try a filter. I have seen reports/video's of Mavics with almost unusable footage, then putting on say ND8 fixed it?
Dunno, maybe put up a vid of your symptoms?
Here is someone with the same issue, of course he doesn't address it but it shows my problem, just mine is a bit worse, possibly just from more intense sun... (Go to minute 5:50)

Yeah ok, I think that is just the quality of the lens. I still would try an ND filter and see if that helps.

If you're seeing that flying almost directly into the sun then it's most likely prop shadows.. you can eliminate that bu a ND filter which slows down shutter speed and stops the individual lines from appearing. The shadow is still there but the motion blur makes it less visible.

If you're seeing that flying almost directly into the sun then it's most likely prop shadows.. you can eliminate that bu a ND filter which slows down shutter speed and stops the individual lines from appearing. The shadow is still there but the motion blur makes it less visible.
Alright, any recommendations? Price isn't to big for me just under 70$ would be nice. Thanks

Alright, any recommendations? Price isn't to big for me just under 70$ would be nice. Thanks
Neewers work OK for me, but sometimes a little hard to put just right, and some have said they're a bit too heavy for the gimbal. Polar Pros get good reviews

You could also try a lens hood. They are inexpensive and if you do not make sudden movements they will not show in the video.

I have to say as an owner of both polar pro and pgy tech I much prefer the polar pros. It’s not that the pgy are bad but I have had consistently had to remove them for the gimbal to initialize properly and I don’t like what they do when the sun hits them too much. The polar pros on the other hand have worked fantastic every time.

My 2 cents

I have to say as an owner of both polar pro and pgy tech I much prefer the polar pros. It’s not that the pgy are bad but I have had consistently had to remove them for the gimbal to initialize properly and I don’t like what they do when the sun hits them too much. The polar pros on the other hand have worked fantastic every time.

My 2 cents

Maybe changing the subject a little and I'm sure there's a thread here somewhere, but I like the Hobbytiger filters. They work very well in the sun, and most importantly for me, they're inexpensive, although they sometimes catch on gimbal initialization if it's not installed perfectly as you say the PGY's do.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki