DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lens filter- gimbal issue.

Kiwinomadz

Reactions
Just fitted a lens filter to my Mavic pro, however I keep getting gimbal overload on screen and the camera not pointing in normal direction. There is no contact anywhere between the filter and any other parts, and the filter is sold to fit the Mavic pro.

Have you tried other filters ??

Just fitted a lens filter to my Mavic pro, however I keep getting gimbal overload on screen and the camera not pointing in normal direction. There is no contact anywhere between the filter and any other parts, and the filter is sold to fit the Mavic pro.
What brand of filter. May help with input to/ from user’s of the same brand you have.

It’s something from China, nd32 for a Mavic pro. I don’t have any other filters, I guess what I am wanting is confirmation that it is caused by adding the filter, I thought the calibration would maybe compensate but it won’t pass 5% of the process.
I was wanting to discard the clear gimbal cover in favour of a filter, for lens protection, and sun shroud, to eliminate the dreaded sun images caused by the clear screen.A84090C9-67A0-4CB5-AEA6-DF2EF5ECDB00.jpeg

Filter looks large.
If your gimbal calibration works with the stock lense then there’s your answer.

BTW. I never fly any of my drones with a gimbal cover on them.

I just wanted a protection layer for the lens. Yes, it’s a big unit for the job, I think I got just what I paid for!

it appears that the filter you have purchased is quite heavy and i am afraid it is causing an issue with your gimbal,i know that good quality filters appear very expensive for what they are but they are very good, i am not sure why you just got a nd32 that is quite a large number filter ,if you want to keep a filter on to protect the lens, then an nd 8 would have been more suitable i keep one on my drone all the time and it works in sunny or cloudy conditions you should not really fly with the clear gimbal cover on as it prevents airflow through the cooling slots behind the gimbal and will also distort the image

Thanks for all your reply’s, maybe I didn’t buy a good quality filter, but I see now that common protocol is to fit the filter after the gimbal initialises, because it was just catching on the frame at full look right during initialisation. Not somewhere it will go during flight.
My gimbal calibration without the filter runs right out to 100%.
Thanks again, I will see how it goes.

Yes, looks a lot bulkier than most reputable filters.

Try and weigh the filter on a micro scale, maybe the local post off has one, or a jeweller.
If it is more than 1.2 grams (0.0423288oz), then that is too heavy.

If this is the MPP or MP, there is no removable lens.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for all your reply’s, maybe I didn’t buy a good quality filter, but I see now that common protocol is to fit the filter after the gimbal initialises, because it was just catching on the frame at full look right during initialisation. Not somewhere it will go during flight.
My gimbal calibration without the filter runs right out to 100%.
Thanks again, I will see how it goes.
If you place it after the gimbal is initialized you’ll almost certainly get a gimbal error from your manipulation of it.
Recommend chalk it up to experience and replace with a well known product.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone