DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lens or Gimble Cover For Mavic 3 Pro

mdreuben

Reactions
Is anyone making a small gimble cover or lens cap for the M3 Pro yet?

When it’s not flying, my drone stays in a foam-filled laser-cut hard case, so the giant wraparound strappy thing just isn’t needed. However, for whatever reason, the gimble doesn’t lock during shutdown, so I’d like something to hold it in place.

Attachments

• IMG_2933.jpeg
    IMG_2933.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Is anyone making a small gimble cover or lens cap for the M3 Pro yet?

When it’s not flying, my drone stays in a foam-filled laser-cut hard case, so the giant wraparound strappy thing just isn’t needed. However, for whatever reason, the gimble doesn’t lock during shutdown, so I’d like something to hold it in place.
I asked a similar question a couple weeks ago. I am hoping to find someone with a file for a 3D printer. I spoke with a local business today that does custom 3D printing and they said they could do it if I have the specs/file for it. They did tell me to take some pictures of it and they might be able to design something if I don't find anything. In the meantime, I did order a 3 Pro case from STARTRC that is making it's way now on a slow boat from China, hoping it gets here this week. Price was nice too, Here's the link if you are interested https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4SKBZLK

Similarly, I am still scratching my head as to why DJI did away with the locking gimbal at shutdown.

I modeled this ring and support and printed it in TPU to help stabilize the gimble. This is just a work in progress, so the STL isn’t quite ready for release.

The gimble doesn’t rotate, which is good, but I need just a little more support to keep it from tilting.

Attachments

• IMG_3132.jpeg
    IMG_3132.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3135.jpeg
    IMG_3135.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
I modeled this ring and support and printed it in TPU to help stabilize the gimble. This is just a work in progress, so the STL isn’t quite ready for release.

The gimble doesn’t rotate, which is good, but I need just a little more support to keep it from tilting.

That looks pretty cool.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3