DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LG V20 Phone Issues

Mavic Mania

Reactions
So, I was able to get my LG V20 Phone to connect to my replacement drone, but I have to say, it is a bit finicky!

A few things I've learned and I'm wondering if anyone else can concur?

1. It seems the only way I can get the controller to connect to the phone is to power up the controller with the cable NOT YET CONNECTED and wait about 20 to 30 seconds after getting it powered up. With the phone completely powered DOWN, I then push the connector into the controller, the phone then powers on by itself and vibrates. If the phone does not vibrate, it will not connect with the controller, I compare this to when you plug a USB cable into your computer and you hear the "Kerchunk" sound. I then power up the drone and wait for the green light and then press "Connect" from the Fly app. This is the only way my LG V20 will seem to connect. Are any others experiencing the same thing?

2. My second issue is: On my phone, there is a small round button on the back of the phone near top center of the phone which you press to turn the phone on. The problem here is: On two occasions, I have accidently powered the phone OFF while in the middle of flight. This has happened as my finger wandered away from the controller grip handle and just BARELY and I mean Barely touched that round button. Talk about loving the Return to Home function when your phone suddenly goes off line :O :O :O Has anyone else experienced this issue when using an LG V20 phone?

I appreciate any help or advice you can give to this Newbie ;)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242