DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Life of a Mavic battery.

Koelkop

Reactions
Hi all

I have been wondering what the expected life of the lipo's are. My 3 batteries now have around 250 cycles each, still get around 20-21 minutes flight down to 20%.

When do you retire a battery? The cell voltages are still very close to each other, from .001 to .04 deviation. Only difference from new is when fully charged the cell voltages are starting to peak at 4.26 instead of 4.30.

Do these batteries keep losing capacity up to a point and die, or do they just keep losing capacity but is still usable?

On the DJI forum, they list the recommended life span of a battery at 200 charges, but that's just a recommendation. I believe that you will see that batteries that are well cared for and maintained last much longer than that. I keep an eye on my batteries to make sure none of them are swelling and that the cell voltages do not have large deviations during flight (using stats from AirData UAV). Sounds like you are doing the same, so if everything looks good, you're good to go.

Reactions: SharpSkyFilms
2 year old battery, with about 50 flights, slightly puffed so not trusted as any worsening could put strain on the latching mechanism and lead to battery ejection in flight and loss of power and drone.

Reactions: charliesRig
2 year old battery, with about 50 flights, slightly puffed so not trusted as any worsening could put strain on the latching mechanism and lead to battery ejection in flight and loss of power and drone.

My batteries are now 13 months old with no swelling at all. They work hard:)

Hi all

I have been wondering what the expected life of the lipo's are. My 3 batteries now have around 250 cycles each, still get around 20-21 minutes flight down to 20%.

When do you retire a battery? The cell voltages are still very close to each other, from .001 to .04 deviation. Only difference from new is when fully charged the cell voltages are starting to peak at 4.26 instead of 4.30.

Do these batteries keep losing capacity up to a point and die, or do they just keep losing capacity but is still usable?
I joined this group not to long ago and I must say that there is a lot good information and stories to help my drone flying a much better experience. Keep up the good work all.