DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Life of the ma2

Marsiglio

Reactions
Hey everyone dose anyone know how many flights you get out of one of these mavic droans before you have to start replacing parts?Just curious.From Estero Florida.

welcome to the forum,
the life you get from them really depends how much you care for your drone and how well you learn to fly it,
its all down to you really in the end

In general the drones will last a very long time. The main item that has a finite number of uses is the battery and even then they will last longer if you take care of them. The next item that might fail is the motors but that is rare. Most drones are replaced due to upgrades for better technology long before they reach any wear out issues.

Hey everyone dose anyone know how many flights you get out of one of these mavic droans before you have to start replacing parts?Just curious.From Estero Florida.
A very warm welcome to the forum!!!

I hate to say it but most drones crash before they wear out.
There is really nothing that wears out other than the batteries, but that is like using up a tank of gas - it has to happen sooner or later.
If properly cared for even props don't wear out.

Reactions: Cw4bray
Taking a good care they can last years.

My nearly 4 year old Mavic Pro has almost 40 flight hours and has flown for 400 miles. It still looks and flies like it did on day one. I have similar expectations for my Air 2.

I have a pp3s I've had for years i only have one battery that came with the drone i still fly it same props same battery it flys the same as it did when i first got it no issues ever . i hope i didn't just jinks myself lol.

Reactions: old man mavic
A very warm welcome to the forum!!!

I hate to say it but most drones crash before they wear out.
There is really nothing that wears out other than the batteries, but that is like using up a tank of gas - it has to happen sooner or later.
If properly cared for even props don't wear out.
Or fly away while running the battery dead and getting lost / Blow away in excessively strong wind.

Or fly away while running the battery dead and getting lost / Blow away in excessively strong wind.

Pretty hard to get lost when you have a aircraft that will come home with a auto "Bingo fuel" system. And even harder to think someone would be dumb enough to fly in 40+ mph sustained wind? But I guess they are out there, and they are flying these things :p The problem lies that common sense seems to be a uncommon virtue with the younger/newb pilots these days. ;)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Pretty hard to get lost when you have a aircraft that will come home with a auto "Bingo fuel" system. And even harder to think someone would be dumb enough to fly in 40+ mph sustained wind? But I guess they are out there, and they are flying these things :p The problem lies that common sense seems to be a uncommon virtue with the younger/newb pilots these days. ;)
Unless you were cruising at 100' down wind from home when the battery gets low and it decides it needs to RTH and the RTH altitude was pre-programed to return at 400' where the wind is stronger in the wrong direction and instead of coming home slowly it goes backward away from home really fast.
Edit; I know, I know... who would be dumb enough to pre-program RTH to anything higher than what's needed to clear obstacles ? ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy