DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LiFThor holder V3 for DJI Mavic Pro iPad/Tablet

Turn11

Reactions
I have been looking for a display holder that allows visibility and access to the RC. I plan to be using an iPad Air as my display.

I had tried the StarRoad DJI Mavic Pro Tablet mount adapter. I didn't like it because the clamp was a rubber bushing would not tighten enough to hold the pad stationary. Additionally I could not rotate the display to have good access to the RC.

I also tried SKYREAT Upgraded Dji Mavic Pro. Much better viability BUT the knob that tightenens the ball to the pad holder would not tighten enough to hold the pad in one place. A replacement was the same.

I saw the LifThor V3 Standard and it looked interesting. My question is the arm between the antenna's, will it interfere with the radiation pattern of them. Keeping the antenna's parallel and perpendicular to the drone for optimum transmission and reception is difficult enough without introducing another problem.

If I could get some guidance I would appreciate it {or suggestions}

Thank you in advance

Larry

AeroMirage I appreciate your suggestion about the quality of MavMount. This is my first venture into drones, (really like them so far). To an experienced pilot I am probably taking baby steps but I am taking a lot of them fairly rapidly. I like the security of having the RC immediately available and viable.

I have some very large adjoining soccer and baseball fields and I have been going through recovery drills until they are rote. We have a lot of high winds here and I have gone up a hundred feet even when I have "do not fly" on the UAV FORECAST app.

"Tomorrow" I may have the confidence to fly without being able to see the RC but I will cross that bridge "tomorrow".

Mr. Salty, were you Navy? Thanks for the information on the LifThor.

Larry

I use a I Pad mini because I want to be able to see the RC.
You are wise to take mini steps since those that don't get into trouble faster. I have two friends that saw how easy the Mavic is to fly and both have crashed as well as an airline pilot with a Phantom 4.

I currently utilize the Skyreat mount with my iPad. I have it positioned to where the RC screen can be scene at a glance when needed.. even with the hood on. Feels good.. balances well... not uncomfortable in the least. That being said... I really like the style of the LifThor. This style does make it mush easier to see the RC screen, for sure. Definitely one I'd like to give a try.

Reactions: GrigoriosT
I just got my lifthor 3
All the way from norway
Took less than a week to australia bought it on ebay from drones world
That thing is terrific
Does not interfere with anything
However the one thing i dont like to much its still a bit chunky when dismantled
Other than that great product

Reactions: BluesDragon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000