DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Light aircraft scare

"even small private ones, do nowadays."

That's not what I see in southern Mississippi (AFB just across the bay) and in west central Georgia (county airport 2 miles away). For single-engine private airplanes, only the higher end ones seem to broadcast ADS-B. The common Cessnas, Cherokees, vintage planes, and home-builts usually do not. The two paramotors I see on the coast never do. The military aircraft seem to run about 50/50. The fighters seldom do and the C-130s may or may not.

DJI seems to have modified Airsense to filter out aircraft at higher altitudes, like commercial jets in transit, and I see very few alerts despite a fair amount of air traffic.

At any rate, Airsense is definitely worth using, but our own ears and eyes are the primary way to avoid problems.
My Tampa Bay area is highly congested. Haven't seen any planes not transmitting locally. I find ADS-B very helpful and use it always, drones and planes

Reactions: MS Coast
Typically, manned aircraft don't fly below 500 feet, but that's not always the case. As been mentioned, whenever i hear any aircraft approaching I get down low and close ASAP just to be safe.

My Tampa Bay area is highly congested. Haven't seen any planes not transmitting locally. I find ADS-B very helpful and use it always, drones and planes
I find that where I live on the East Coast of Florida I am in the mode c ring for the Orlando International Airport. I believe that if you’re operating inside mode C you must be broadcasting ADSB. Is that true?

I find that where I live on the East Coast of Florida I am in the mode c ring for the Orlando International Airport. I believe that if you’re operating inside mode C you must be broadcasting ADSB. Is that true?
Mode C Veil and ADS-B Requirements:

So, the bottom line is that I see a lot of ADSB broadcasting going on because I’m so close to the mode c veil.

I live in an approach zone for a small airfield, also the police helicopter are situated/based there, when I fly I keep my ears open for any aircraft sound, the police helicopter fly usually very low, 200 to 300 meters from ground. I do not fly that often and usually can see a great distance from my house and stay below the registered height. Airsense is definitely required.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections