DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Light rain when flying DJI Mini 2

Zorrp

Reactions
I was flying my Dji mini 2 and when I was flying back home with it I noticed that it started to rain a few droplets, when I landed the drone i saw some droplets on top of the main body but I quickly wiped them off. Is there anything to worry about?

Hi there & welcome to the forum 👋 😀

...it started to rain a few droplets, when I landed the drone i saw some droplets on top of the main body but I quickly wiped them off. Is there anything to worry about?
Most probably nothing to worry about... but bear in mind that these drones aren't water resistant at all, some water can get inside ending up somewhere where it cause corrosion & malfunction much later if unlucky. Always best to avoid mixing electronics & water. Fog is even worse than some rain droplets.

Hi there & welcome to the forum 👋 😀

Most probably nothing to worry about... but bear in mind that these drones aren't water resistant at all, some water can get inside ending up somewhere where it cause corrosion & malfunction much later if unlucky. Always best to avoid mixing electronics & water. Fog is even worse than some rain droplets.
Hi and thanks for the reply!
Do you think that I should wait a few days and let it dry before flying it again?

If you feel like there may be moisture that still exists, park it in front of a fan to circulate the air. That will speed up the drying process.

If you feel like there may be moisture that still exists, park it in front of a fan to circulate the air. That will speed up the drying process.
I mean there were like 7 small droplets on the drone, so I dont know. What would you have done?

Please do not worry about 7 droplets of Rain :
Both the Motors and the Camera are very Water Resistant.

You need to be concerned wtih the Battery , Power Button , bottom sensors an Open Ports in the back.
This is why we make the Mini 2 Wet suit to protect those areas as there the weak link in the Mini 2 System.

Just put the drone on a shelf and let it dry, dont touch the camera lens , dont wipe it and you will be fine.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Seven small drops of water should be gone by now. Put it back up in the air and verify that it still works as it should.

If mine get wet I dab them with toilet paper, note dab not wipe, unless it got soaked.

I mean there were like 7 small droplets on the drone, so I dont know...
What you see on the outside isn't anything to be afraid of... it's what entered the inside. I mean, if you totally submerge the drone & then take it up and shake it off a bit you will not find many droplets on the outside.

Only you know how heavy the rain was... if in doubt, take out the battery, wipe off any water you see & leave it to dry out properly before powering it on again.

JMO but you might want to charge the battery in a safe place just to be sure, but from your description, it sounds like you’re probably ok.

I would say you have nothing to worry about. but if you really want to get every bit of moisture out then Take a large plastic tub and pour out a 1lb. package of rice into the tub, place the drone in the tub and cover the tub, leave overnight
The next day your drone will be Moisture free. Take the Battery out by the way and set it next to the drone.

I would say you have nothing to worry about. but if you really want to get every bit of moisture out then Take a large plastic tub and pour out a 1lb. package of rice into the tub, place the drone in the tub and cover the tub, leave overnight
The next day your drone will be Moisture free. Take the Battery out by the way and set it next to the drone.

This has been discussed before, but rice is not really a good desiccant.

Mine got caught in some torrential rain two weeks ago, can't believe it survived!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13