DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Light Suggestions?

Reactions
New pilot flying a registered Mini SE.

I’m looking to put a light on the bottom of my drone to improve my LOS visibility. Any suggestions? Lightweight is best, but exceeding the 250g limit not a priority.

New pilot flying a registered Mini SE.

I’m looking to put a light on the bottom of my drone to improve my LOS visibility. Any suggestions? Lightweight is best, but exceeding the 250g limit not a priority.
Theres a few, Im also looking for strobes, I already Chose one, I’m flying the Dji mini 2, and the strobe I’m going to use is this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q5S2B86/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=af6be1abf2e418e033492b38b0e628f0&content-id=amzn1.sym.7dd77237-72be-4809-b5b5-d553eab7ad9d:amzn1.sym.7dd77237-72be-4809-b5b5-d553eab7ad9d&hsa_cr_id=0&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=9125c73b-7c4b-4190-b687-5be2d3733b4f&pd_rd_w=Mb9JR&pd_rd_wg=b4pVr&qid=1677779225&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0_img&sr=1-1-9e67e56a-6f64-441f-a281-df67fc737124&th=1 Of course, you could get the bigger version but that weighs like 21 grams, so this keeps it lightweight.

I really like these. They are cheap and effective and I attach them with small rubber bands. Sounds crazy I know but it works

UURig DR-02 Strobe Drone Light Compatible with DJI Mavic AIR 2 Pro Inspire 2 Pro etc, 3 Color Adjustable Anti-Collision Light for Drone 3KM Visible, Mini Drone Lamp, 6.5g 110mAh Battery USB-C Charging https://a.co/d/bD2wtRo

The search feature on this site is a useful tool.
Just type in the word strobe and you’ll see everything known to man about what you’re looking for. You’ll be reading for hours!

Reactions: Dbez1 and Grandpa
Starz mentioned the forum search feature which is right on. To simplify things for you though, Firehouse is probably the best and possibly the brightest (and more expensive) while Vifly is one of the cheapest and possibly the best bang for your buck. There are a bunch of others that fall somewhere in between. I personally use Vifly and they suit my needs which doesn’t include a lot of nighttime flying. Best wishes.

Last edited:
Starz mentioned the forum search feature which is right on. To be redundant though I use Vifly. Lightweight and cheap.
Dunno about that, I’ve seen a few reviews saying the velcro is flimsy, and if you crash your drone or something happens it’ll probably fall off

Your link shows a strobe on top of the drone. I like to have my strobe on the bottom where I can se it better. There is not much real estate under the Mini 2 for even the smallest of drones however.

Your link shows a strobe on top of the drone. I like to have my strobe on the bottom where I can se it better. There is not much real estate under the Mini 2 for even the smallest of drones however.
Pretty hard to do that on the Dji mini 2, but I’m gonna put my strobes on the battery door so I can see It, I recommend to put it there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf