DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lighthouse dreaming

Excellent! Nice scenes you've captured.

Reactions: Canes76
Reminds me of one that is along central California coast called Cabrillo Point. Great video

@Canes76

I'd be interested to know your camera sharpness settings on this material. To my eyes it all looks a bit over-sharpened. For example the railings on the gallery seem to have white lines left and right of the actual uprights. (Maybe it's a YouTube artefact!)

Over sharpened possibly.jpg
- Mike -

A little edit...

EXCELLENT "little edit," Canes! Great synchronization with the audio, too. I also really liked that "swishing/whooshing" transition in the beginning. Did you create it or get it from elsewhere? TIA.

Last edited:
the railings on the gallery seem to have white lines left and right of the actual uprights.

Recycler: I believe you're referring to the "moire effect" where closely-spaced vertical lines can give that shimmering look. Sometimes, a lower sharpening setting can reduce or eliminate the moire but other times, especially on the smaller sensor cameras, it is unavoidable under certain conditions. It is more apparent in M1 footage than M2P footage but it can still be there. I think this is why many folks don't recommend the typical +1 or +2 on sharpening and leave it at 0 or even -1. Then, they see how much they can push it in post without getting moire.

Ah - one of my favorite places. Great footage!

Just out of curiosity - are there any rules regarding drone flying in the National Seashore? I wouldn't mind doing some flying there myself next summer.

@Canes76

I'd be interested to know your camera sharpness settings on this material. To my eyes it all looks a bit over-sharpened. For example the railings on the gallery seem to have white lines left and right of the actual uprights. (Maybe it's a YouTube artefact!)

View attachment 64343
- Mike -
Hey Mike...Yeah, I squeezed up the sharpening a little - This was on the Mavic Pro (I now have the Mavic 2) and some of the color correction "look" was introducing noise. I worked a de-noiser in, but bumped the sharpening up. Also, when put into YouTube, you could notice it more. Thanks for watching and commenting!

EXCELLENT "little edit, Canes! Great synchronization with the audio, too. I also really liked that "swishing/whooshing" transition in the beginning. Did you create it or get it from elsewhere? TIA.

Thanks for watching - all the sound design clips were created by myself with SFX and changing some settings or effects on them!

Reactions: Chip

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming